What is that stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
What is that stuff?

At the self service car wash, there is a separate wand (more of a pistol, no long wand) that says it is a special sealer , paint protectant. When I see people use it, it comes out as a thick foam, they cover the car with it, then rinse it off. What is that stuff and what, if anything, does it do?

Old 06-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its just a drying agent. Spray it on, spray it off. Its good for 5 or 6 days if that

Old 06-21-2006, 06:25 PM
I used it one time and overall the truck came out decent enough. All was well until I realized when I got back into the truck that it had stained my hands and shirt. That cant be good for the finish... Still was neat to see the truck in all the different colors it throws out.

Old 06-21-2006, 06:46 PM
same here. It does that even at the Laser wash near by me. It comes out Yellow, Green, Blue, White, and even some red in it. It smells pretty good actually too when your sitting in the truck while it sprays all over the truck. Its very thick, thick enough you can't even see out the windows when it does that.

all I know is that it smells good.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Why would anyone got o the car wash and spray something on the finish of a nice vehicle, not knowing more about WHAT they are applying to the surface?

Old 06-21-2006, 10:53 PM
He knows it was a paint protectant, he just didnt understand how it worked or exactly what it was suppose to do....

I put wheel cleaner on my wheels.......I dont really know what in the hell it is, I just know it cleans my wheels.

Now that I think about it...... I really dont know much about any thing that comes out of that wand?

Old 06-22-2006, 09:38 AM
OK, for those of you who don't konw.

The Tri-color, Triple Foam, or any other name that is used is a Lo-Ph cleaner/sealer. Does it work? Well, it provides the show and has some benefits. Are there better products on the market? By far yes. The Lo-Ph aids in getting things off the surface minimally, mostly its just a for show product at online washes, and in the self serve bay its just an added profit center. Would I use it, knowing what it is since I run a carwash? Not likely. Most places water it down so far that its nothing other tan foamy good smelling colorful glee. I usually will only pay for an exterior wash with tire shine when I'm on the road.

Trending Topics

Old 06-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Navi -

A couple of issues ago in Carwash & Detailing -- did you see that tunnel foam system that was 'rainbow' colored? How do they do that? Do you have to buy a bunch of different colors of foams?

Quick Reply: What is that stuff?