Xzilon??

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just looked at their website and some threads on meguiars website.... nowhere near convinced

Old 06-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've heard of another product called PPS that also claims you won't have to wax your vehicle for 5 years.There was a guy pushing this stuff on another messageboard that I frequent.He sent out some samples to different people and the product got some real good feedback even after a year.He showed pics of a car that was done several years ago that looked freshly waxed.
I am not pushing this stuff,I have never tried it I and will probably keep doing it the hard way(often) with Mothers and Maguires.I was just wondering if anyone else has heard about PPS?If anyone wants to do some boring reading I can hook you up with a link to the thread on the other messageboard about PPS.The thread gets a little confusing when some guy from Race Glaze highjacks the thread pushing Race Glaze.
I found some PPS on ebay.Anyone ever heard of it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-PP...spagenameZWD1V

Last edited by NASSTY; 06-13-2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Arrow

Guyz, just don't knock what you don't know about. These coatings aren't anything new, and I can name more than 10 of them just off the top of my head.

Some of them are crap, most are just average and work OK, and there are a couple of them that are very good. At least one is very VERY good imho.

I am sure that you know about some things that I do not even have a clue about, and you swear by them, even though I might swear that they don't even exist. Maybe this is the same thing reversed, and maybe, just maybe, someone else is aware of something that you are not privy to.

Getting a protective coating with an easy wash, 2-3 year no wax is NOT AT ALL out of the question.

Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Some of these products are more difficult to use than you might think (to get optimal results), some are expensive as far as materials costs go. Leave the application to a pro, just as you likely would a bedliner, to be done by someone who knows what they are doing.

If you DO choose to DIY, note that some of these are 5-step processes, more to do to get right, and more to go wrong when something does - AND IT CAN AND MIGHT. If you DO use one of these, go for a two-step process (clean/prep and coat). There ARE surfaces that some of these might not work, like on a surface that contains silicone, you have to spot test before you do ANYTHING ELSE.

Look for the "flashpoint" as those with one of 145'F or less are hazardous materials (both to ship and to use). Some have flashpoints down as low as 110'F. Make a mistake and - POOF!

IF one were to pay somewhere near $400 for a coating that will save one the cost of detailing (say 3-4 times a year @$125 each, x 3 years), and get you back an extra thou$and in resale because of a really nice finish and appearance, HOW IS THAT SO BAD ???????

There is PLENTY of information about these coatings on internet search engines and in various websites...

Last edited by Patrick@hmsga; 06-13-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Patrick, the only reason you're doing this song and dance is because you probably sell this crap, I just call 'em like like I see 'em and your website gives you nocredibility in my book, with you being a snake oil salesman and all..... this is just the next "big thing" and people will do it to their vehicles, realize they got put royally over a barrel and it will be shot down in a year. I have seen the threads on other sites when I googled this about the bimmer stealerships offering this service for $800 with a "booster coat" (my own words) every three months at greater out of pocket expense to the consumer than normal detailing... granted maybe if you buy an import you deserve the shaft, but still I can see good, hard working Ford buyers being duped into this service and I am just trying to put this out there, IT IS HORSE MESS!!!! If you doubt what I have said feel free to google xzilion and click on the links that come up for the meguairs message boards, among others. Okay venting over now

Old 06-13-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by kurtbuschsucks
Patrick, the only reason you're doing this song and dance is because you probably sell this crap, I just call 'em like like I see 'em and your website gives you nocredibility in my book, with you being a snake oil salesman and all..... this is just the next "big thing" and people will do it to their vehicles, realize they got put royally over a barrel and it will be shot down in a year. I have seen the threads on other sites when I googled this about the bimmer stealerships offering this service for $800 with a "booster coat" (my own words) every three months at greater out of pocket expense to the consumer than normal detailing... granted maybe if you buy an import you deserve the shaft, but still I can see good, hard working Ford buyers being duped into this service and I am just trying to put this out there, IT IS HORSE MESS!!!! If you doubt what I have said feel free to google xzilion and click on the links that come up for the meguairs message boards, among others. Okay venting over now
Song and dance? I don't hear any music, and I don't sell crap. I NEVER promoted ANYTHING I did or do, so don't you try to bring that up. I just gave general information to someone (not you) who asked for it in a forum setting.

How can you know anything about what my reasons are, anymore than I can know what yours are?

I can't comment about Xzilon, or whatever you call it, as I have never used or even seen it. How could I judge it based on such a TOTAL lack of having any real information about it, other than what people I do not know have said or commented on the internet?

For the record, I never DID recommended Xzilon and I wouldn't use it either, and I surely don't sell it. I just stated that not all of these are all as bad as most of them are (or as bad as you think all of them are) and we might not should put all of them in the "snake oil" category based on our own lack of knowledge about any of them. Different strokes for different folks.

Obviously "hard working Ford buyers" must be smarter than anyone else - they already KNOW that something they do not understand cannot even exist, right? I see that as a "My mind is already made up, PLEASE don't confuse me with the facts" kind of attitude"

All I said was that a 3 year no wax easy wash is possible, and whatever you accuse me of not knowing, I do know this from personal experience, but it is not Xzilon, at least to my knowledge.

I notice your attitude too, but I still will not attack you personally - where would I even get snake oil if I did want to sell it?

Some of these "new things" have been around since the late 1970's, there is plenty of proof that some of them work very well, sorry you missed it.

You never saw me mention $800 for a booster coat of anything, or anything about Bimmers. Why bring that up? PLEASE don't "put words in my mouth"

I simply suggested that it might be possible that none of us know everything about everything, surely not me.

As for the rest - whatever

This isn't worth it, I never attacked you personally, I merely tried to provide someone the board who asked a question with information based on my own personal experience.

I'm permanently outta this thread, please leave me alone KBS, and I will certainly return the favor.

Last edited by Patrick@hmsga; 06-13-2006 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:23 AM
I am publically apoligizing that previous post wasnt intended to be a slam on Patrick's business, credibility, or person. After looking more closely at Patrick's website I realize he is in the concrete sealant and not the automotive sealant business as I went off saying half ****ed. I am man enough to admit when I'm wrong, and wrong I was. I'm not here to pee anyone off, just offer my knowledge, and hopefully gain some from you all as well. So to Patrick sorry I spoke too soon, maybe if I'm ever in GA you'll let me buy you a beer!

Old 06-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Smile

Wow! Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to the thread--apparently I have missed a lot. Patrick--I appreciate all of your insight. I never felt like you were trying to sell anything and KBS--I was a lil' surprised by your next to last post, but am glad to see a guy who isn't afraid to admit when he may have stepped over the line and try to make amends.

I also want to know about other "good" products in this category--not just "Xzilon". I only asked about this product in response to my dealer's interest--who, no doubt, is trying to make an extra $ I'm sure with this service, but I know the dealer personally and he's a good ol' boy in my book so I will take his advice with some genuine interest and research it. I'm just asking for firsthand experience with these products. KBS, I appreciate your interest in protecting me from getting burned, but no one is going to sell me anything until I'm completely, absolutely convinced it's a good product.

Milam

Old 06-15-2006, 12:39 PM
I am going to divve into this with the intensity of a virgin trying to get his girl's bra off.... Their (Xzilion's) website seemed a little incomplete to me so I'm off to try my results on the search engines again...

Old 06-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Great! I hope you find something I didn't turn up and we'll all be wiser.

Milam

Old 06-16-2006, 06:27 PM
The things that I have heard about these dealer protection "systems", besides what 2Hotford mentioned about them not being any better than any other high-quality paint protection product (or maybe worse)...wait! you say...how can they not be any better when they have a 5-year warranty?!?

From what I understand, your answer is in the fine print. There will either be a clause that you have to bring the car back every 3 or 6 months for a "maintenance" application of the product, which of course will void your warranty if you miss one, or, the warranty fine print will basically exclude every condition that you could claim against.

This is what I found on a thread on meguiar's website, and it seems to be the general attitude around the web, so IMHO as I said before, just not worth it

Old 06-18-2006, 10:58 PM
thanks KBS!

Old 06-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Patrick@hmsga
WHY was this thread moved to the "engines" category ???
Moderator error.... I'm entitled to a screw-up every now and then eh?

Old 06-20-2006, 09:36 AM
My wife just a Toyota Sequoia and Toyota offers the same thing for $399. They claim you do need to wax but you can. It just prevents the paing from fading chipping, cracking or peeling. I opted not to have it done, I can do my own detailing for $399. I felt that I can do a better job than the guy they pay $8.00/hr who doesn't give a crap about proper adhesion times, drying times, and attention to details. Just my nickel for you!

Old 06-22-2006, 12:54 AM
fair enough for me.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:55 AM
I just had this done at my local detail shop for about $500, but that included a FULL detail and paint prep job, both interior and exterior, engine cleaning, etc. They took about a full day and a half from start to finish. Bottom line: my truck looks BEAUTIFUL!

Here's what I've noticed so far after a few days: It does seem to be resisting dust, both on the paint and the wheels. I live in a dusty, high pollen area, and usually my truck is a mess after just a few days, so, so far so good.

Believe me, I think we can all be sure the dealer is making a nice profit from the product, otherwise they wouldn't do it. And I think the product is going to work out great. The only caveat I would offer is to question the dealers ability to adequately prep the vehicle, especially on any vehicle that isn't brand new.

As time goes by, I'll be happy to continue to report on the efficacy of the Xzilon treatment.

Quick Reply: Xzilon??