Pics after waxin'

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics after waxin'

Well I tooks some pics after waxing it.(washed it, did paint cleaner, clay bar, polish, tech wax, then carnuaba wax) Didnt want to post them cause my truck isnt complete yet but I got some lightning rims for it and wanted to photoshop them on so I could see what they look like so the last pic with the lightning rims is through photoshop. Still got some things to do to it yet but here it is so far https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=11409

Old 06-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks good!

Old 06-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Those Lightning rims are nice!

Old 06-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Thanks, should have added that I used all Meguiars products which I was very happy with. Always read how it took people hours to do their truck and I was like yeah right. Well it took me 9 hours the first day and 2 hours the next day, but I have to say the hours spent was well worth the end result. Kinda hard to see with the use of my 15.00 walmart digital camera LOL

Old 06-20-2006, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by stsausser
Well I tooks some pics after waxing it.(washed it, did paint cleaner, clay bar, polish, tech wax, then carnuaba wax) Didnt want to post them cause my truck isnt complete yet but I got some lightning rims for it and wanted to photoshop them on so I could see what they look like so the last pic with the lightning rims is through photoshop. Still got some things to do to it yet but here it is so far https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=11409
I recently did a major detail job on my paint and not sure I went in the proper order. Since I had already used a cleaner wax, I washed the car good...then clay bar, then cleaner wax again, then McGuire's #7 and then McGuire's #26.

So here is the big question, the paint felt amazing after the clay bar, I did the #7 by hand and according to the directions it says not to let it dry...(btw, is that stuff green for a reason?) then I did the #26....the paint feels ok, but I think it felt better after the clay bar.

How screwed up did I do this?

Pictures in my gallery under Wheels for the new wax job.

Thoughts from my RockPick brother....

Quick Reply: Pics after waxin'