Car Cleaning Product Guide

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Cleaning Product Guide

So I just got a new(er) 2003 Explorer with 51k miles from Minneapolis. I know it's not really new in the majority of you guys's eyes, but it's good enough for me nonetheless.

Can I get some suggestions on a quality, yet affordable, spread of products (available online) to keep the Exploder look'n fresh inside and out?

I know Meguiar's is great all around with many levels of quality available...but is there a great source to buy from online?

Thanks for the time anyone puts into this!
Karson

Old 06-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
www.autodetailingsolutions.com

This is a fantastic online retailer...

Old 06-21-2006, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the order of quality of products in the Meguiars line as follows?

1.NXT
2. Gold Class
3. A-line

Given that that breakdown's true, what line do you think I could get my best bang for my buck being 20 and in college??

Old 06-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Both Gold Class and NXT are 'consumer line' products. In most folks opinions, NXT will yield more durability than Gold Class. In fact, many (including me) like Gold Class but find that it lacks in durability in semi-rough environments (ie: 95% of the country).

Additionally, I should note that, just because it's an "A-Line" (also a consumer denotation) product, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be light years better than another comprable product from somewhere within the consumer line.

Meguiar's has, generally speaking, an A-Line (consumer), G-Line (consumer), M-Line (Professional / Mirror Glaze), and D-Line (Detailer / Bulk). All of these lines, in my opinion, have some very good products hidden within. (I should also note that Meg's has a Marine line, furniture line, and a few other odds and ends too)

Quick Reply: Car Cleaning Product Guide