Turtle wax Ice, my frist time using it, just my opinion on it..

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turtle wax Ice, my frist time using it, just my opinion on it..

I was at Auto Zone today and picked up a bottle of that Turtle Wax Ice to see how well of a job it does.

Cost me 16 bucks for the Wax which came with a Micro Towel to wipe off, and a applicator pad to put on. Today is about 83 with bright Blue sky with the sun beaming down into a hot to the touch Black Mounty I have. Leave your hand on the finish to long, and u will get a nice burn. But the wax says you can put it on a Hot surface in sun, so heres the real test I was about to do on it, and I did it, and heres my thoughts..

The minute you put the wax onto the Applicator pad and put it onto the finish of the truck, it steams and slightly hazes immediately. I did one side at a time to avoid the wax baking on and having a rough time getting it off. For the most part it was extremely easy to put on, its like wiping water all over the truck and just letting it sit for a few minutes. It does not take out ANY swirl marks what so ever, it works great on plastic as it shined up the plastic mirrors I have and rubber trim pretty good, almost like new again. It leaves a nice feel on the truck, nice and smooth, and leaves a very nice shine.

I don't know how long this wax will stay this way, only time will tell, but all in all, it's a good wax I think so far, I mean for as hot as the finish was, it came off easy and left no streaking on the black finish.

By no means is this a cleaner wax, or a swril remover wax, it's JUST a layer of wax and that's it.

I do not have pictures as my camera decided to run out of battiers and I've been to lazy to get knew ones lol But thats my review on it.

Quick Reply: Turtle wax Ice, my frist time using it, just my opinion on it..