Cstm pntd truck cmn home thurs, how to care for her?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 01:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cstm pntd truck cmn home thurs, how to care for her?

I will be picking up my truck this Thurs or Friday. I'll try to give as much info as I can. She's getting a PLANET COLOR Jade White paint job, which i think involves many coats. It has ALOT of flake in it.

What to do first when I pick her up? My instincts tell me to start waxing right away. Will the paint shop typically do this before they let it out? Do i need to wait a bit for the paint to harden or something? I have no idea. Please advise......(I usually do the NXT followed by Meguires Carnuba routine).

Also, a few of the plastic parts are being painted, do i follow the same routine for them....

thanks!!!

Old 06-25-2006, 06:48 AM
I have a custom painted Mustang GT show car. They won't wax it at the shop. The paint supposedly still needs to cure. My body shop told me to wait about 3 months to wax, which was probably a bit conservative given how quickly modern paints cure. Some people say it's OK to wax right away, but my feeling is the paint still needs time to outgas and finish curing. In my case, since the car is garaged all the time it didn't need waxing right away anyway, so I probably waited 4 or 5 months before using Mequires NXT wax on it. Feel free to wash as often as you want. Same for the plastic parts.

Old 06-25-2006, 08:18 AM
please post pictures when u get it

Old 06-25-2006, 01:35 PM
see, unfortunately as fate would have it. The first two or three weeks of the car's life it will be outside (I am buying a cover) in colorado where I'm at now. I will be returning home to the desert in CALI then.....where the heat is almost 110 or more during the summer. Given those circumstances i wasn't sure if there would be any special care that should be given.

Quick Reply: Cstm pntd truck cmn home thurs, how to care for her?