Please help...ZAINO vs Meguires NXTand #26

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help...ZAINO vs Meguires NXTand #26

This guy is trying to tell me that zaino is better than the routine I have. After reading alot of posts and Listening to alot that especially ROCKPICK has had to say...I've established a routine of Meguires NXT tech wax followed by an over night sit...then meguires #26....That's the best way right? Can you guys tell my why? scientifically or other?

Old 07-02-2006, 05:59 PM
There is no "right" way with which wax is better. It's purely subjective.
The best thing to do (and most of us on this forum have done it) is to try different products and stick with the ones you like best.
By best, I mean a combination of ease of application, final look and what you are prepared to pay for the product.
Personally, I use a combination of many products from Megs, Mothers, Po Boys etc.

Try the Zaino, you might like it. It certainly won't screw anything up.

If you don't, you will never know will you.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:35 PM
How much is Zaino? That might help make the decision also. I like NXT topped with a good carnuba wax and get good results. Maybe someday I will try Zaino but I have plenty of NXT and #16 on hand to use for now.

Kevin

Old 07-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hotstang46
This guy is trying to tell me that zaino is better than the routine I have. After reading alot of posts and Listening to alot that especially ROCKPICK has had to say...I've established a routine of Meguires NXT tech wax followed by an over night sit...then meguires #26....That's the best way right? Can you guys tell my why? scientifically or other?
Zaino vs. NXT... ahh, the ever-long debate...

The simple answer is that this answer is very subjective... performance is in the eyes of the beholder.

So, with that being said, let me give you my subjective answer (read: opinion).

Both are very good products. Zaino is a full synthetic that offers very good protection but, in my eyes, a very 'glassy' suran wrapped look on the finished product. Nearly every vehicle that I've seen treated with Z lacks depth, flare, and overall 'looks'. The suran wrapped look is something that I really dispise about nearly all synthetics -- NXT included.

Now, NXT is a full synthetic as well that, in my eyes, does the same thing as Zaino -- that being the suran wrapped look. However, couple NXT with a nice carnuba like #26 or #16 (discon'd) and it seems to really 'pop' with depth, luster, and overall good looks. Again, this is an opinion but, that's kind of what you're asking for...

Durability wise -- Zaino will, most likely, win that battle. It's a very good product that I've used several times (3). In house, I've done side by side work with both products and have always been critical of the side of my hood done with Z... it works, but, the looks fail me.

Ease of use -- toss up here IMO. NXT requires some cure time as does Z. Z has several steps but, do a couple of layers of NXT then #26 and then you have several steps too.

Head to head... I like both but, the ability to layer other products with NXT adds a perk to the NXT side for me. NXT is much more readily available and, for the most part, cheaper... (but, this really isn't a factor considering that most of us order our stuff online regardless).

Both are good products, as I've said. As Adam mentioned, the best thing to do is to critique both products and draw your own conclusions... if you're buddy is willing to critique these products... well, I'd ask him to try some of his Z stuff out -- that way you don't have to invest in a 'system' if you don't like it.

Best of luck and let us know what you think...

--RP--

Old 07-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Wax is wax for general purposes- some are easier to work with.
3M probalby gives the longest protection and liquid Glass lasts nearly as lone. I dare anyone to use two waxes and find someone that could tell you what you used on each truck!.

Old 07-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fmdog44
Wax is wax for general purposes- some are easier to work with.
3M probalby gives the longest protection and liquid Glass lasts nearly as lone. I dare anyone to use two waxes and find someone that could tell you what you used on each truck!.
Again, no one is saying that they can tell exactly which product has been used but, when given a small array of products, it's pretty easy to tell if a SYNTHETIC or a CARNUABA wax has been utilized -- not that it was NXT or SYNWAX or NANO or ZAINO or whatever... but that it was a synthetic.

3M makes fine products but, again, will fall short of Zaino -- as will LG. Both are fine manufacs that are very respected within the detailing circles...

Quick Reply: Please help...ZAINO vs Meguires NXTand #26