Considering Spot Free Water Filter

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
Like you, if I could install one for the house, I probably would... And, actually, it might make sense to run both of them (house softener and the SF system) to really knock out the CaCO3 and other minerals (calcium is my main problem with the local water)...

that is what I do .. works great .. I still get some occasional minor spotting if it is really hot, or if the sun manges to get over my house before I get into the garage, but I have been extremely pleased with the combination of the SF and the RainSoft softner.

Old 07-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Mr. Clean

I received the Mr. Clean auto dry as a Birthday gift last week and used it for the first time today, I am very impressed with it. My truck is True blue and I can't see any spots at all, and I was it in the mid day sun and did not dry it all. I also have the flareside box and a problem that I was having was water drippng out of the tie downs along the side of the box and leaving water strikes, with the Mr. Clean unit this is also greatly reduced, they are still there but not nearly as noticable. So for the 20 - 30 bucks for the unit, I would say its well worth it.

Old 07-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by CobyMedic
I received the Mr. Clean auto dry as a Birthday gift last week and used it for the first time today, I am very impressed with it. My truck is True blue and I can't see any spots at all, and I was it in the mid day sun and did not dry it all. I also have the flareside box and a problem that I was having was water drippng out of the tie downs along the side of the box and leaving water strikes, with the Mr. Clean unit this is also greatly reduced, they are still there but not nearly as noticable. So for the 20 - 30 bucks for the unit, I would say its well worth it.
glad you had good results with it .. I was never able to get more than one wash out of the filter ..

Old 07-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CobyMedic
Just picked one up this weekend, havn't used it yet...
I'm not sure about the filter, want to see how many washes I can get out of a filter.... replacements are $5.99..
better be more than one or two, if not it will have a very short stay in my detailing cabinet....

Old 07-24-2006, 07:59 PM
MJN
Yea I know im still wanting to get one just have not had the truck out so it has not got dirty, but when it does I will be sure to get one and let you guys know how it works for me also.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by deltascrew
Have you gotten your spot-free yet? How bad is your water? I'm curious how it does with water not nearly as bad as Rockpicks.

I test pool water at work and know that my hardness is near zero, but I still get white spots BAD I am assuming that TDS's are the culprit
I plan on getting the 2500 unit within a month. I live in Arizona, and our water is very bad. Water spotting is even worse with the heat too. I also plan on getting a little hand held TDS meter and I'll post differences in my water after I receive the water filter.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:20 AM
Stain-Less Filter

Has anyone heard of the Stain-less filter? I found this in a boating magazine, it looks identical to the spot free

Stain-Less link

Old 07-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Griot's Garage has one as well for $129.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....1001&SKU=37244

Old 07-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Has anyone heard of the Stain-less filter? I found this in a boating magazine, it looks identical to the spot free

Stain-Less link

It does look nearly identical...

I'm pretty sure the concept is the same for both this one and the Griots one as well... take water, flow it through and across a resin media, allow the resin media to snare as many ions (Ca+, Mg+, etc...) that it can, and allow the water to come out the other side.

It's all in the resin... who knows who's proprietary 'blend' of resins works better?... I'm sure that's in the eyes of the beholder and varies based on water quality.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Norm
Griot's Garage has one as well for $129.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....1001&SKU=37244

wow $109.00 for a new filter!! I wonder how many gallons one lasts??

Old 07-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Check this out, waterstick, just found it searching around...
54.95 for the inline, rechargable
29.95 for the stick and 14.95 for a 60 wash recharge, wonder if its anything to it

what do ya think RP ???

http://www.watersticks.com/index.html
http://www.watersticks.com/car.htm
http://www.watersticks.com/cwdi.htm
http://www.watersticks.com/resin.htm

Last edited by F150Truck'in; 07-27-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:00 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If I were you, I'd do a little research on the waterstick product... I remember reading quite a bit about it on autopia but, to my recollection, it was a mixed bag of good and bad... I just can't remember. I know that they've been discussed.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
If I were you, I'd do a little research on the waterstick product... I remember reading quite a bit about it on autopia but, to my recollection, it was a mixed bag of good and bad... I just can't remember. I know that they've been discussed.
Will Do...

Old 07-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Found another one................

another cheap route
$47.00

found this on autopia

Garden Hose FIlter

Old 07-29-2006, 11:42 AM
another cheap route
$47.00

found this on autopia

Garden Hose Filter

Ordered one of these with a couple of the rechargeable filters.
Thanks for the link

Quick Reply: Considering Spot Free Water Filter