Terrible Paint Match

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terrible Paint Match

Help! I went to 5-Star Ford in Lewisville yesterday to get some touch-up paint for a few minor scratches. They had my color in stock...T7 (or that's what the guy said I needed). I get home, dab a little on, and look in horror as the color appears to be about 10 shades LIGHTER than my truck. I've now got an inch long strip that looks like a soap stain dripping down the tailgate under the model badge.

Anyone have experience with this touc up-paint stuff? Do I need to apply several coats to get the desired effect? I've done this dozens of times with other makes and models and not ONCE have I had such a terrible result.

Thoughts?

Old 07-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Langka makes a touch paint remover (called the blob eliminator or something like that) but if you let the touch up paint settle and dry for too long it may not work. But anyway, what color paint do you have? And you probably did but just to make sure, did you shake the touch up paint bottle well?

Old 07-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Yes, I did shake it up well. I have Dark Stone Clearcoat Metallic. It's supposedly color code T7 (I think).

Thanks for the recommendation on Langka. I'll look it up...but it was 97F today and I was out and about, so it may have come close to curing.

Old 07-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Lets see a picture. I need to know as well because I have a few scratches I need some touchin up as well.

Quick Reply: Terrible Paint Match