Maguiers paint detail this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Maguiers paint detail this weekend

Hello to All, gave the rig a much needed detail this weekend. I picked up Maguiers NXT wax, #2 fine cut cleaner and scratch X. Ist I gave the entire truck the scratch X buff focusing on a few of the areas on the paint that bugged me. Next I buffed it with #2 fine cut cleaner. Even at that point the paint was just smoking. Looked and felt incredibly smoother and cleaner. Then I went to work with the NXT. This stuff is great. Never used synthetic wax before. I love the stuff. Each time I went over the surface with the micro towel, the paint just pops now. Got deeper and deeper with each buff... I will get a 2nd coat next week end... Enjoy the pictures....

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...gAnch=imgAnch1

Old 08-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Very well done!

Looks great!!

Old 08-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Looks great! How do you like working with the #2 fine cut cleaner?

Old 08-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Looks good!

Old 08-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Looks great! How do you like working with the #2 fine cut cleaner?

It was easy to use. I was a little apprehensive to start the job. I used a 10" orbital buffer, which I have used smaller ones in the past. But never on a $40K truck. I kept everything very clean and used new pads, ect to absolutely minimize the chance of contamination. I am very pleased at the results. Another coat in a week or so. I can now focus on installing my new black leather... Thanks for the responses...

Old 08-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I haven't worked with #2 a great deal but it's regarded as a good product. To my recollection, it's a little more 'oily' and thus can be worked for longer period of times before it dries on the paint. In short, if you're in a very dry climate, it's a fantastic product -- if it's more humid, you may really encounter a 'smeary' end result when trying to remove it...

Just haven't worked a lot with this product...

RP

Old 08-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It looks really good by the way!

Trending Topics

Old 08-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Rockpick, thanks for your comments. I used brand new terry towels for final removal of each step. I did find that haze was there while attemting to remove the # 2 and NXT wax. Oily, that is exactly what it was! At the time I did not realize the cause. I fiquired it was really pulling a contaminated layer off the surface? But what really helped was the use of brand new microfiber towels to really buff the clear coat. I am sure a 2nd coat of the NXT is going to really help with even coverage. I am really impressed with the product, very much so! I dampened the new microfiber towel before buffing. It made a huge difference. I am sold on the microfiber towels...

Quick Reply: Maguiers paint detail this weekend