auto armor???

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
auto armor???

hi guys,
i am new to this forum and a new f-150 owner. we purchased our king ranch this past thursday and my question is about the box of car wash concentrate and paint protection we received. it is made by auto armor and would like to hear anyones views on this product good or bad.
all my best
btc624 (bob)

Old 08-20-2006, 10:41 AM
How bout a picture and description of your new family edition. Inquiring minds want to know.

Btw, welcome to the King Ranch Legacy from another newbie King Ranch owner.

Old 08-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by btc624
hi guys,
i am new to this forum and a new f-150 owner. we purchased our king ranch this past thursday and my question is about the box of car wash concentrate and paint protection we received. it is made by auto armor and would like to hear anyones views on this product good or bad.
all my best
btc624 (bob)
If your dealer told you that if you use Auto Armor your paint is warranted against damage caused by the elements acid rain, bird crap, etc than I might use it.But if there is no warrentee coverage using Auto Armor than I would use a good synthetic wax and or a good carnaruba wax instead.
I don't know if the formula for Auto Armor has changed over the years but the old stuff had a teflon ingredient.The kit in the pic below came with a 1990Pontiac Bonneville my mom bought new in 89.I didn't know the dealers were still pushing auto armor,I hadn't seen or heard of it in years.

Old 08-23-2006, 07:59 PM
I've never heard of it, but If I ad to guess, I'd say it looks like most of the stuff the Stealerships try to give you...ie: CHEAP. But, as was previously said, if they warrantee it's use, or if you're not ultra **** retentive like most of us, than go for it and use it. Basically, just use whatever it is that YOU think provides the best results. As long as it's applied properly, chances are that it will not harm you're paint, it's just that with other products, you will probably get a better look.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: auto armor???