Nu-Finish

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nu-Finish

http://www.nufinish.com/

Anyone have any opinions on this product? If I clayed and then used a couple of coats of this, would that be OK? TIA

Old 08-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
There are much better options. Mothers, Meguires, and Xaino are great products.

Old 08-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Global Moderator &

Also, do a search in the Detailing forum. Much about waxes has been posted.

Old 08-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
There are much better options. Mothers, Meguires, and Xaino are great products.
Are you saying this is not a good product? Just looking for an objective opinion about the quality of this product.

So, would my paint be safe if I clayed and then only used this product afterwards?

Also, I did search and found no results answering my specific questions.

Last edited by 95fsb; 12-31-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Global Moderator &

You probably did not find any thing on this brand as few use it. I have used it in the past and it did not hold up well. I was saying you should read some posts where others were recommending products. Do a search on posts by Rockpick. He is a semi pro detailer and knows a lot about the best waxes. There are others but he is the one that comes to mind.

NuFinish will not hurt your paint or anything like that, it just won't hold up as well and you will need to do it again much sooner.

Old 08-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
In the past i used to do that only, for about 2 years, every 3 months, then i got more into detailing (thanks to RP) and i still had half a bottle, so after i clay, and caranuba wax the truck, i use that as a polish to get it really shiney and smooth.

My dad used only Nufinish on his vechicles, two of which we had for 10years, without paint fadeing, or damage. We live in the south, so the winters arent as harsh, but the summer sun will fade paint really fast. One of those vechicles was a tan, other maroon.

It does what its supposed to, wont do wonders, but should protect it pretty well. I like using it, but it just doesnt leave the smooth glassy surface like you get after claying and caranuba wax.
-Patrick

Old 08-23-2006, 07:28 PM
Basically, what you're looking at is that NuFinish isn't the best product availible, but it's not the worst. I feel that it's better than Ice Wax, and better than nothing, but has no comparison to ANY of Meguiars or Mothers products. But most of all, pay no attention to the once a year claim. If you choose to use this stuff, it will last a little shorter than other waxes; so wax every 2 months or so. It's advantages are that it's cheap, and easy to use. Pretty much, if you're **** retentive like most of us on the Detailing section, this isn't the product for you. But, if you just want a clean looking truck that is a step above he rest (but not necessarily a showtruck), than the product is exactly what you're looking for. Either way, it's all on your opinion. Have fun, a and Good Luck.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:29 PM
as others have already stated . if you are going to put in the effort to clay, then apply two coats .. there are better looking, longer lasting products than the NuFinish. the NuFinish wont hurt anything .. but using it in the process you are talking about is kind of like making your own hamburger buns, then stopping at Mcdonald's and buying your patties from them ..

for stuff that you can pick up easily, I would recommend ..

for synthetics:
these will apply and remove the easiest, and have the best durability of anything I mention.

NXT Tech Wax
Mothers SynWax

for pure carnuba or blended carnuba

Megiuar's #26
Mothers Pure Carnuba

any of those can be picked up for less than $20 at most Auto Parts stores, or some Mart type stores ..

liquid or paste .. just pick your preference ..

Quick Reply: Nu-Finish