Just Tryed this Stuff for black vinyl trim

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
His is a '96 3500. Nice truck, but has horrible fading, oxidizing, and swirling. Obviously, he doen't take care of the truck like he should. And yes, the truck you mentioned is a dream for me (though I'd go 4x4).
well most Hemi Sports are availale in 4x4, unless you meant that you would make it an offroad 4x4.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ws6_guyscrew
well most Hemi Sports are availale in 4x4, unless you meant that you would make it an offroad 4x4.

Yeah. Either way would be cool w/ me, seeing as I have a V-6 and it's (obviously) a 4x2. I'm ready for a V-8, 4x4, and an interior package at least equivalent to the King ranch. (ie: natural leather, not syn). But I'd like to remain in a manual trannie...which eliminates the Ford V-8's... Oh well.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
And RP some ppl are still haveing trouble with cookies to get into their own gallery on this site. And as far as the pics being too big, i dont have a problem with them since i have my screen resolution set at 1280x1024. with a 17"monitor.
However, most are not and some run different resolutions other than what you run.

As a moderator, I'm tasked with monitoring this type of thing and, often times, correcting it as it *DOES* pose a problem for many users -- especially those who utilize a dialup connection. With this in mind, I recommend utilizing the f150online.com gallery... 99.9% of users aren't having your cookie problem.

Originally Posted by From the Login Page for f150online's Gallery Page...
If after you have entered your username and password, you are returned to the main gallery page, it means that the cookie we are trying to set on your computer in order to enable your login is not being set or your web browser is blocking referer information. Please allow all cookies from "f150online.com" to be set, as well as reducing your security settings (which may be blocking "http_referer" information) or you will not be able to create a gallery or access the administrative functions. Cookie and security settings can be controlled by a variety of software including the browser itself, anti-virus software, pop-up and ad blocking software or firewall software. If you do not know how to change the security settings on your software, please refer to the documentation that came with the software. If you have concerns about your personal privacy and how we use cookies, please refer to our posted privacy policy.
In short, as you'll note, it's not a problem on our end...

Old 09-04-2006, 04:51 AM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
However, most are not and some run different resolutions other than what you run.

As a moderator, I'm tasked with monitoring this type of thing and, often times, correcting it as it *DOES* pose a problem for many users -- especially those who utilize a dialup connection. With this in mind, I recommend utilizing the f150online.com gallery... 99.9% of users aren't having your cookie problem.

In short, as you'll note, it's not a problem on our end...
Im just saying that my resolution is at a mid grade so its not huge text and not tiny text like you get with 1600x1200

Anyways i no longer have the problems with cookies, i believe it was my norton software that was messing it up for me. And i was just saying some ppl are haveing problems, b.c i was corrisponding with emails to someone who couldnt login to his account gallery.

I know there are still ppl that use dial up, i talk just about daily to someone that does, but that also doesnt mean we need to specifically caitor (SP?) to them either. Maybe have it set up like ive seen on other forrums where you attach a thumb nail if the pic is too large, and you can view the image if you want to, but the thumb is like 150x150. But if you want to get into large images complaints, start with regulating signature sizes, some members have huge pictures, and then 15 lines of text underneath their large pic. But then again maybe some of this is just me...

-Patrick

Old 09-04-2006, 01:10 PM
Moderator &

Signatures are dealt with as appropriate -- as are image sizes. Rather than helping to contribute to the problem, help us with a solution.

You have recognized that signature images are, often times, huge and annoying. We do, indeed, deal with these images as they are made aware to us as moderators. If you'll note though, these 'huge' images are hosted off-site.

In short, I believe we're on the same page. What you're not realizing is that the pics hosted outside of the site are more prone to be large pics and cause viewing problems with the site. By hosting them here, they're automatically resized and made to be 'friendly' for viewers.

By suggesting hosting them off-site, you are contributing to the problem that you are admiting exists.

Old 09-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by RockPick
Signatures are dealt with as appropriate -- as are image sizes. Rather than helping to contribute to the problem, help us with a solution.
Yah i have made an effort to help people crop the images, and ive also screen captured their text under their sig, and included it next to their picture to the right.

Like i did with these two

So we are on the same page here, and it takes me 45 seconds to do an image like that, so if you see someone that has one too big and they have no idea how to crop it. Feel free to send em my way.
-Patrick

Old 09-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Moderator &

Thanks Patrick. Shall do...

Old 09-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
no prob