What are your thoughts...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are your thoughts...

I recieved a gallon of Blue coral Car wash concentrate from a friend for a birthday gift at some point in the past year, (they knew I was in to washing/waxing cars, so they thought this stuff would be nice. Nice thought of them, but I dunno.) It has Carnauba wax in it, so I am thinking of getting rid of it (I haven't used it on my truck...just my parents' or friends' cars. (Personally, I use Meg.'s Gold Class car wash then shampoo)

So, my question is basically: What do you think about this stuff? Worth keeping or worth the space to trash it?

Thanks.

Old 09-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It'd be worth keeping... although it'd be way down my list for utilization.

I would, however, consider using it if it was:

1) High sudsing action
2) I was preparing to detail a vehicle immediately after use -- in short, not having to worry about it stripping whatever is there because new is going on irregardless.
3) I was detailing a one or two'zy on the weekends (see #2).

Don't chuck it... at least give it to a neighbor or similar that may or may not use it. It may be a great chemical... I've never tried it. Give it a go in a safe condition...

RP

Old 09-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Now that I think about it... I've a few friends who don't want to wax...lazy. But they don't mind washing every month or so. I guess it'll be pretty beneficial to them...

Thanks, though. I might keep it for awhile just in case I need a quick wash and wax for the weekend...

Old 09-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Blue Coral car wash actually isn't too bad.I used it on my last truck in the winter. I didn't wax it in the winter and it maintained a pretty good shine.It's pretty cheap at Walmart.I have a friend that has an auto detail shop near my house.Once when his supplier was late he ran out of car wash.I gave him some Blue Coral and he said it worked pretty well.I wasn't about to give him my Meguiars. FWIW, I have only used Megs and Mothers on my 06 so far.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Stick with the Meg's Gold Class Car Wash brother, that is what I use and I wouldn't use anything else. I love the non stop suds I get, plus the conditioner that's in makes drying my truck much easier the way it beads up.

Give to your friends.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Yeah...looks like the friends are getting a little gift from the magi tomorrow...

Or maybe the parents... they hate washing, and won't touch wax...

Quick Reply: What are your thoughts...