Ice report

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ice report

ok guys , I used the Ice 2 weeks ago and it was so easy to use that i had my doubts about its longevity . Sorry to say My doubts proved correct
1 weekend of heavy rain and Poof all Gone Other then a quick Pick me up Its useless
Now ,,,, Im an Old Timer and i really cant wax my truck every 2 weeks
what is the longest lasting wax thats relitevly easy to use ??
thanks in advance
Larry

Old 09-11-2006, 12:49 PM
I have used turtle wax platium with good results and it applys easy enough. I use NXT now but it seems about the same to me. I have a white truck though. There mayme some differences with othere colors.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Zaino is going to be your best bet for utmost longevity. It requires some time to apply but, it's a solid product.

If you're not looking to spend quite that much or if you can devote some time every other month or every quarter, NXT, Synwax, or another synthetic wax can provide pretty good protection through that time frame...

Old 09-11-2006, 03:43 PM
I used Meg's Carnauba Wax 2 weeks ago and it has rained here since then and the water beads solid.

I put another coat of Carnauba Wax on this past Saturday(9/9) and it is raining here again today in MS and the water is still beading nicely.

Old 09-11-2006, 04:35 PM
I agree about that Turtle wax ice... I was happy when it came out since it was so easy to put on, and I was crossing my fingers hoping the wax would stay on over time, sure enough it's chitty wax and last no longer then 2 weeks if your lucky.

I am very disappointed with the Turtle wax Ice, it cost me about 20 bucks a bottle and I threw it away a few days ago.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Just so you know... (If I'm thinking of the right bottle of ICE...)

TW ICE is NOT a wax, but a polish. It even says so on the bottle. the name Turtle wax should not be included in the description of the product. Therefore, the beading is most likely caused by a smooth and slick finish, NOT by a wax or other protective barrier. Ie: ICE has no protective element to it.

Smart move trashing it, though. I'd have done the same had I ended up with a bottle.

Quick Reply: Ice report