Preferred washing implement...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Preferred washing implement...

What are your favorite washing implements???

Currently, I use a real lamb's wool wash mitt, but I was wondering what you all use. I dunno if this is part of the reason behind my swirling problem...

I also have used brushes when it was in horrible condition (ie: really muddy or bird crap), and have used a little wash pad (MF), but it was so squishy, it did nothing to remove bugs, etc. I guess it would be great for removing only dust/mild road nastiness...

Just curious...I appriciate your responses...

BTW--Where do you get a grit guard for your wash buckets? I'm interested in getting one of these, that is, IF they are worth it. I, so far, can't really tell a difference due to the major swirls in the clear...But I am getting rid of these starting this week/weekend!!!

Old 09-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Old 09-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Thanks, Danase. Your forum really helped out not only with the implement question, but also some swirling questions I had. Just a note for those who don't know, as Danase pointed out in the swirl-free part of the forum, you have to work in the polish, unlike a wax. I seriously just now learned this. (I'm embarassed. I didn't think that was on the container...at least that's my excuse for my ignorance!!!)

Old 09-13-2006, 12:55 AM
I use the two bucket method and have grit guards for both. I use a Megs Chenile mitt for the wheels and a MF mitt for the rest of the vehicle. I really like the MF mitt because it is smooth and nice to use.
If you don't have the grit guards they are well worth the money. I ordered mine from one of the websites and they were $8.95 ea plus the shipping.

Old 09-13-2006, 01:59 AM
RP has recommended using this mitt:
http://www.waxstation.com/wsStore/131.htm

I have not used it yet because I bought some other stuff and will get rid of that first.

Kevin

Old 09-13-2006, 08:18 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by khindal
RP has recommended using this mitt:
http://www.waxstation.com/wsStore/131.htm

I have not used it yet because I bought some other stuff and will get rid of that first.

Kevin
Which reminds me... *places order* Thanks Kevin.

Old 09-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Which reminds me... *places order* Thanks Kevin.
No problem! This site is always giving me "reminders" to order cleaning gear, performance equipment, etc.... The more time I spend on this site the more I spend!

Kevin

Quick Reply: Preferred washing implement...