Meg's Endurance high gloss tire gel

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meg's Endurance high gloss tire gel

Just bought and used this. Its alot different than other products as its a thick gel. Applied it with a sponge and took a while getting it into the side lugs of my BFG's. I like the black look without the high wet look so after a few minutes I wiped them down and they look great. The label says to apply twice if you want the wet look. It is supposed to last "for weeks" so I will let you know if its true or not. It was $7.95 for a 16oz bottle so I hope it lasts longer than a week!

Old 09-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Great stuff,

Use it all the time, I just use the Endurance, not high gloss. Love it.

Hard to get the lugs on my BFG MT's usually I just do the sidewall and either skip the lugs or hit them with a spray on.

It does last at least a couple weeks, Check Big Lot's as they usually have the Low Sheen version for $3.00-$4.00 a bottle.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by Padron
Great stuff,

Use it all the time, I just use the Endurance, not high gloss. Love it.

Hard to get the lugs on my BFG MT's usually I just do the sidewall and either skip the lugs or hit them with a spray on.

It does last at least a couple weeks, Check Big Lot's as they usually have the Low Sheen version for $3.00-$4.00 a bottle.
I'll second the motion. Love it. I know of only one better product (Hyper shine). Don't have it though...

But in the mean time, Endurance gloss is what keeps me going strong...

Old 09-16-2006, 11:34 PM
BTW- How'd you like the grape scent?

Try using an Eagle one Tire swipe next time to apply it. Makes like easier and looks better IMO.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:19 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've had it in my aresonal for years... it's great stuff but you want to be sure to get all of the excess off of the tire before mobbing down the road. I find it best to apply and let it sit over night. Buff off the excess and away you go...

It will, under normal conditions, keep the tires looking pretty good for around a week.

My suggestion, after about day two, get a 'shop towel' and gently wipe the face of the tire. This will remove a lot of the build up from driving (road dust, brake dust, etc) and keep them shiny. If you need to whiten up the white letters, scrub with the shop towel.

As always, QD those wheels last (after doing your paint with a nice microfiber towel) to complete the look...

Old 09-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
you want to be sure to get all of the excess off of the tire before mobbing down the road. I find it best to apply and let it sit over night. Buff off the excess and away you go...

It will, under normal conditions, keep the tires looking pretty good for around a week.

My suggestion, after about day two, get a 'shop towel' and gently wipe the face of the tire. This will remove a lot of the build up from driving (road dust, brake dust, etc) and keep them shiny. If you need to whiten up the white letters, scrub with the shop towel.

As always, QD those wheels last (after doing your paint with a nice microfiber towel) to complete the look...
I'll second this motion, too. Definately wipe before you drive (I learned this the hard way the 1st time I used it...didn't listen to RP...big mistake. Had to do a QD wipedown of about 1/2 of the paint.

BTW--if you have the clearcoated wheels, I reccommend using an automotive paint cleaner/polish (or you could use Meg.'s step 1 and 2), then using NXT tech wax on the wheels. Did it to mine yesterday...looks great. I never thought the wheels could look so nice. Careful not to get your MF all nasty on the tire/ground, though.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Gee, I thought this was a fairly new product. Guess I've been just looking at the sprays. I put it on with a sponge, let it set for about 20 minutes, then did a good wipe down with a cotton towel. Just like the black look and not so much of the wet look. Sure has the same color and smell of the NXT car wash doesn't it. Wonder if it's the same thing?

Old 09-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by mkinttrim
Sure has the same color and smell of the NXT car wash doesn't it. Wonder if it's the same thing?
I dunno... I never have used the NXT car wash. But I doubt if it's the same thing. Probably similar. But if you want, try putting the NXT car wash on the tires next time, to see if it's got a similar effect...

Old 09-17-2006, 04:52 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No where near the same smell between NXT Car Wash and Endurance High Gloss... totally different products, ZERO similarity other than both are a tone of purple from a color perspective. These products are NO WHERE NEAR THE SAME.

No, don't just put NXT wash on your tires as a dressing. That's ridiculous.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah overall I wasn't to impressed with the Meg's GC Tire Gel....other than the grape juice smell.

It is one of the few Meg's products I did not like. I have found that I really prefer the NXT Insane Tire Shine alot better.

It goes on clear and after I clean my RWL's I don't have even use an Eagle pad to wipe excess either.

Try that.

Quick Reply: Meg's Endurance high gloss tire gel