What Have I Done!!??

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Have I Done!!??

Gee whiz...
I listened to you all, and look what happened...

I fixed the problem I brought up a few threads down.. (the one entitled "I need immediate help"). A simple QD wipedown, applications of the following products--all by hand:

Step 1 (MEg.'s 3-step)
Scratch-X
Color-X
Step 2
NXT
Step 3
Dupont Teflon Wax (on all top facing and front facing surfaces)

Most of the swirling is gone. Pics tomorrow after I wipe off the raindrops that promptly fell (after I waxed it and everything)

I plan on borrowing a friend's DA for the rest of the swirling, but not for the next week or two. I don't really want to remove all that wax, and put it all back on.

And, while I'm on the topic of DA's, I think I've decided to not get one. For all the time in prepwork it takes, and all the hassle of pads, extension cords, etc...it's not worth the price IMO (that is, until I try one out). The other reason os that I did all the above in less than 2 HRS and 30 min.'s. That's pretty quick, and since I'm not all that old, I don't need any machines to make up for my tired arms yet.

Thanks, RP, your input was indespensible to the success of this operation. I now have reduced the swir;s to less than 1/4 of their original volume/magnitude. They're fewer, farther in between, and they are MUCH harder to detect (meaning they're not as deep a they used to be)

And to all of you who made suggestions, thank you, too.

And my truck thanks you all.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:54 PM
Glad you got it squared, I think after you use a PC (DA) you'll think twice about getting one. For the price, I think it's a very versatile tool.

I'm very happy I finally got one

Old 09-16-2006, 11:57 PM
I assumed as much. Granted, I won't get to use one for awhile. But I might have a Wally-world cheapo availible for free soon... Maybe I'll give it a try.

If I opt out of the wally world version, I'll definately talk to Rick at ADS. That G-100 might be just the thing for me.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:04 AM
Yeah,

I got mine from ADS, nice to know it has the lifetime warranty and I will not need to buy another one...Ever.

They have a great price, and it spreads glaze, sealant, and wax so quickly and very thin... also a breeze to remove products with a MF bonnett.

Prepwork actually goes pretty quick to tape stuff off.. You could always buy one at Lowes and try it, If you like it return it to Lowes and Get the good one from ADS with the lifetime warranty

Old 09-17-2006, 01:16 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As 'in to' this detailing thing as you are, I'd just go ahead and get it. If you fall out of it and decide that you never want to see a bottle of wax again as long as you live, you can EASILY dump it on ebay... heck, let me know and I'll buy it.

Old 09-17-2006, 07:53 AM
lol. I'll still try it out (since I know of a certain friend who has one he'll let me borrow for the day). If all goes well, than I'll probably invest in one.

Ans don't worry, I'll always want to touch another bottle of wax. (but I'll keep your offer in mind...lol)

Thanks again for all of your support and help with my various endeavors...

Old 09-17-2006, 08:27 AM
Good job. And may the force be with you.

Old 09-17-2006, 08:51 AM
lol

Old 09-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by f-150sport03
lol
You're really a busy guy in this forum lately... every time I log in to look around, you're the last post on 95% of EVERY thread in this forum.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
You're really a busy guy in this forum lately... every time I log in to look around, you're the last post on 95% of EVERY thread in this forum.
Let's just say I've had a little more time in the past few weeks. And, I enjoy the world of detailing. Not to mention, I like to try to help people, especially if I can teach them to be self-reliant enough to do detailing themself. I just hate to see neglected cars b/c the drivers don't want to pay for a detail, and don't know how easy it is. I also just get a kick outta this forum.

Why...am I posting too much??? Scared I'll beat your 19000 or some-odd posts??? Don't count on this anytime soon.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Moderator &

Look at the forum man... you're the last post on just about EVERY thread. I'm just saying that you may be 'over doing it' just a little...maybe a lot.