Layering waxes???

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to keep from starting a new thread, did any of you guys use a swirl remover, such as #9 on a brand new truck? Perhaps instead of #7 to get rid of the swirls from the factory? Or is it a waste, and useless?

Old 09-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by red06f150
Just to keep from starting a new thread, did any of you guys use a swirl remover, such as #9 on a brand new truck? Perhaps instead of #7 to get rid of the swirls from the factory? Or is it a waste, and useless?
#7 has no cut at all .. it is a pure glaze, and will not do anything for getting rid of swirls .. #9 is one option , but it depends on several factors, including how bad the swirls are..

first thing you need to do is go slap your dealer for swirling your paint..

post some pics, and you will get plenty of suggestions on how to best correct your issues.

Old 09-26-2006, 01:40 PM
The swirls aren't horrible, but in the right sun you can see some. I just want to start by trying to get it as perfect as possible. I'll post up some pics tonight. But i was thinking that going over it with #9 that it would take care of all the light swirls. No factory job is perfect.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by red06f150
The swirls aren't horrible, but in the right sun you can see some. I just want to start by trying to get it as perfect as possible. I'll post up some pics tonight. But i was thinking that going over it with #9 that it would take care of all the light swirls. No factory job is perfect.
also good thing its not black, black paint needs so much care & detail...

Quick Reply: Layering waxes???