Tire Dressing

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been using the Zaino Bros tire dressing. Like the fact that it is an "off-sheen" look without the liquid slinging all over. The tires still look very clean and unblemished.

Old 10-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Stragum
Yes edison it should be fine.

Just make sure you get a good hard bristled tire brush for the rubber...don't use the tire brush on your rims, you don't want to scratch them up.

After you scrub real good and then clean the rims, just spray off with a high pressure rinse hose, I use the Mr. Clean auto wash sprayer to do mine.

Good luck!
Thanks gonna try this one on my TEST car (wife's Minivan)

Old 10-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
I did use Black Magic spray, but then I tried Eagle 1 spray and I like it better.
yea thats good stuff 2, i actually just bought some today

Old 10-12-2006, 09:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A fantastic way to use this is with a paint brush, dip it in your favorite tire dressing (turtle wax's is pretty good) and spread. I currently use an industrial spray that works fantastic, my tires looked brand new (100% literally).

Old 10-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yep... I've tried that one too.

The paint brush method is very similar to the Eagle One Tire Swipe... you get great coverage and you're able to control the product on to the tire versus sprayed into the air to land on everything around -- including your paint making it look blotchy.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:52 PM
My favorite so far has been the Meguiars Hot Tires or whatever. The one with the flames on the bottle. And RP, remember that tire shine will scratch your paint Idiots...

Old 10-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Eagle 1 tire shine is my favorite after trying Meguirs Hot Shine and Black Magic.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:09 PM
I have foudn that special tire dressing products are a hoax.

I persoanlly just spray on STP Son of a Gun protectant spray (Not tire spray) and just let it soak in. I also just wipe it off my wheels. They get the best look without dripping continuously or collecting dust. Plus, it lasts much longer than other protectant sprays or tire glaze.

For those that do use Tire Glaze/Spray - You must let it soak and dry before driving or you WILL get those balck dots on your paint (a.k.a. spinoff from the tires). This takes a few hours, so don;t do it at the car wash or if you must leave in a short time. This applies even if you wipe it on because it needs time to absorb.

Quick Reply: Tire Dressing