Tire Dressing

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Dressing

What is everyone using for tire dressing. I just bought this stuff from armor all. It's a gel type tire dressing. Real pain in the *** to put on without getting it all over the place. Are the spray types better. And should I worry about it getting on the rims.

James

Old 10-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's a personal preference...

As for the gel types, I prefer Meguiar's Endurance Gel. I utilize a Eagle One Tire Swipe (a sponge device) to apply the product and make sure that it's on there VERY thin and even. After a few hours, I'll go back over it with a dry, clean, shop rag to remove any excess (as you don't want it slung all over your paint while you're driving).

As for sprays, there are some good ones. Not a real big deal to worry about it getting on your wheels pending you get it off of there and have them properly protected. Also, be aware of any over spray that may settle on your paint and cause a blotchy look.

-RP-

Old 10-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the reply. I will look into some of that kind that you listed. Going back over it with a rag sounds like a real good idea. Still stays shiney but you get the excess off.

James

Old 10-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JForestZ34
Thanks for the reply. I will look into some of that kind that you listed. Going back over it with a rag sounds like a real good idea. Still stays shiney but you get the excess off.

James

Exactly. That's the idea. I typically like to let it 'set up' for a while before I go to wiping it off. Plus, I always pay special attention to the areas around raised lettering as those spots tend to really harvest the sling...

Old 10-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Ive had great luck with Meguires Hot Shot (i think thats the name)

Old 10-09-2006, 12:04 PM
I prefer the Wolfgang Black diamond tire gel. I think it's very similar to the Meguires gel. I did my tires 2 weeks ago and have driven through 3 rain storms and they still look nice . I usually have to redue the tires every wash.

Nebraska

Old 10-09-2006, 12:34 PM
One dressing that I'm geniunely enjoying using currently is Stoners "More Shine, Less Time"...

Easy to apply, and if left to set up for awhile I'm finding that it sets real well. Lasts quite awhile too...

Anyone else using it?

Old 10-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Jet Wet is the best makes you tires look like glass. but it is really your own preference. but why wash the car if you don't do the tires. this product makes the tires look wet and black. but depending on where youre at you can't buy it. when i leved in cali they didn't sell it anywhere.

Old 10-09-2006, 03:32 PM
it really depends on what you like but i typically like black magic spray on tire shine, it seems to last / look better and doesnt fling excess gel like some other products

Old 10-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by JesseSVT
it really depends on what you like but i typically like black magic spray on tire shine, it seems to last / look better and doesnt fling excess gel like some other products
I did use Black Magic spray, but then I tried Eagle 1 spray and I like it better.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
It's a personal preference...

As for the gel types, I prefer Meguiar's Endurance Gel. I utilize a Eagle One Tire Swipe (a sponge device) to apply the product and make sure that it's on there VERY thin and even. After a few hours, I'll go back over it with a dry, clean, shop rag to remove any excess (as you don't want it slung all over your paint while you're driving).

As for sprays, there are some good ones. Not a real big deal to worry about it getting on your wheels pending you get it off of there and have them properly protected. Also, be aware of any over spray that may settle on your paint and cause a blotchy look.

-RP-
Oh! oh! need to rush and wash my Trucky. those splats are there for almost a week. Just been busy for work and home. Thanks for this important WARNING

Old 10-09-2006, 04:40 PM
I have tried them all I think and the one I like the best is the Meg's NXT Insane Tire Shine. It goes on clear and clean.

But lately, I have gone against using any tire gel at all, cuz no matter how light I put it on, those little black dots always end up on the side of my truck.

So now I am just using the Simple Green Auto, mixing it with 1:1 of water and a real good tire brush and I am loving the results so far. I have had several people ask me what I am using to get my tires and especially my RWL's so clean, so I tell them Simple Green Auto.

my .02 cents

Old 10-10-2006, 01:56 AM
Eagle one protectant in the black bottle...eagleone.com

Old 10-10-2006, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=Stragum]So now I am just using the Simple Green Auto, mixing it with 1:1 of water and a real good tire brush and I am loving the results so far. I have had several people ask me what I am using to get my tires and especially my RWL's so clean, so I tell them Simple Green Auto.[QUOTE]

I just wash my trucky yesterday as soon as I got home (with a little cool off of courase) I think I will try this, It was really awful these dressings going to my paint. Just a question, Is these chem will not harm the characteristic of the tire? Anyway, just an additional inquiry only.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Yes edison it should be fine.

Just make sure you get a good hard bristled tire brush for the rubber...don't use the tire brush on your rims, you don't want to scratch them up.

After you scrub real good and then clean the rims, just spray off with a high pressure rinse hose, I use the Mr. Clean auto wash sprayer to do mine.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Tire Dressing