Cleaning Cloth Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 02:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cleaning Cloth Seats

What are you guys using to clean the cloth upholstery in your 04-06's? I love my 06 SuperCrew, but these new style seats are a major nuisance. They are impossible to keep clean! Has anyone tried any preventative measures like Scotchguard?

Thanks!

SKREWIT

Old 10-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, Scotchguard works. I used it on my seats and guess what, no more stains. I used Hoover Spot and Stain Cleaner to get everything out. I picked mine up at Lowe's.

Old 10-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Ditto............it does work.

Old 10-15-2006, 07:18 PM
I have used both the ScotchGuard Product and an Armor-All product. Armor-all's is a non foaming spray. Its called OxiMagic. I don't buy in to all of Armoralls products, but I tried this once and use it religiously. I have begun to use it in a triple threat on my seats. I first vac them, then use the ScotchGuard product. After it is dry I will Vac again and use the Armor-All product. once again vac and use the scotchguard.

Old 10-16-2006, 12:17 PM
If you do a search here, you'll find a number of posts on what a royal pain our 2004 - 2006 seats are to keep clean. Who ever picked out this material at Ford must not have to keep these things clean. On top of that, they must have bought the entire mill run because folks have been complaining since day one.

I think you'll find that products like Scotch Guard help, but here's another tip. Don't bother trying to clean small spots. All it will lead to is a bigger blotch. When I get one spot, I clean the entire panel. I use towels to "mask off" an area of my seats. This avoids the "water stain" look you get when you try to do a small spot. Hmmm, speaking of which, I got some spotting the other day when I opened the door in a rain storm. Where's the towels?

Old 10-16-2006, 04:49 PM
I keep reading about how hard it is to clean the 04-06 cloth seats.
However,I've had good results with mine.I've had a few small coffee spills and just last week an ice cream spill.
And.... against all odds, all I've done is spot clean the small spill area(and not the whole panel) with one of the cheapest products on the market,Tuff Stuff.I work the tuff stuff in with a clean white terry towel,then dampen an area of the towel and work it in some more,then finish with wiping the area with a dry clean area of the white towel to get it dry as possible with a towel.It won't be completely dry or completely blend in yet but when it completely dries it has blended in for me.
I'm not trying to give kudos to Tuff Stuff.I am just stating how easy I have removed stains from my cloth seats,even with a possibly sub-par product to boot.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Ditto the cheap. I use, of all things, Scrubbin Bubbles. The only thing it wouldn't take out is the paint spot I had on my a$$ from work I got it out through other means though

Quick Reply: Cleaning Cloth Seats