how often to wax?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by achap
Thank you RockPick! Explains a lot, I plan on detailing my truck tommorow morning, weather permiting and see how it turns out. I picked up meguiar's NXT car wash, NXT wax, and wheel cleaner. As well as cotton or micro-fiber clothes for the washing, applicator pads for the wax, and for the windows. Which I will be using invisible glass. This is just a start for me, ill see how it turns out...got to be better than the prior. Thanks again, and to all the input from everyone to try and help me keep my new truck looking 'New'.
Glad to help... I think you've picked up some very good products.

Remember with the NXT that you apply thin, allow to haze, then remove. Make sure that the product is dry and that you're doing it above 50 degrees if at all possible (pull it in the garage). Apply the second coat the same way.

Before doing anything else to it, allow a setup time of about 24 hours (maybe a little more for this time of year)... what I mean by nothing else is no washing and such...

I see oodles of holes in my response but, it is an abbreviated response and not intended to be a full encompassing response I guess... it's a skeleton.

So, again, if you need help... feel free to ask! Also, remember the 'scale' (the rep system) if you so feel the need to 'thank' those who have helped you.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent advice RockPick...it's amazing how many different products there are today.

Old 10-31-2006, 06:50 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ExPartsMan
Excellent advice RockPick...it's amazing how many different products there are today.
Thanks Ex... I appreciate the kudos.

You're right... the product array out there these days is daunting.

Old 10-31-2006, 06:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
Thanks Ex... I appreciate the kudos.

You're right... the product array out there these days is daunting.
I've been a detail junky since the early 50's...back then it was Simonize and J Wax.

Now every time I visit Auto Zone or Kragen (Checker)...there's another new product.

Amazing.

BTW...Did you know that Ford didn't have a wax especially for clearcoat till 1991...think of all the cc vehicles that were waxed before that with silicone based products.

Quick Reply: how often to wax?