Best leather protector

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best leather protector

I have brand new leather seats and would like to keep them looking like that for years to come. What can I do, starting off, to put some kind of protection on them?

Old 10-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Suspended
I like Lexol cleaners and conditioners.

Old 10-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really like meguiars 2 step cleaner and conditioner with aloe.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:37 PM
I always used Meguiars Gold Class leather conditioner on my Wifes 2000 Expy. The seats in her truck had some kind of clear coat on them, I think. Whatever it was, the Meguiars did a real nice job of keeping them looking and feeling good.

With my King Ranch I use Obenaufs Leather Oil. Best stuff I have ever found for 'raw' leather. I use Obenaufs LP (leather preservative), which is the leather oil suspended in Beeswax/Propolis to condition all kinds of other leathers including the steering wheel on my truck, baseball gloves, shoes, whatever. I really, really like this stuff.

http://www.obenaufs.com/

Old 10-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think he's looking for something along the lines of a 'Scotchguard' type of product but for leather the way that I read his post... not so much of a cleaner/conditioner.

I'll have to check out the Obenaufs product... I've heard of it before but haven't really had a chance to buy it or give it a go on the ole' Castano.

Mark -- have you tried it on a COATED (non-analine) leather?

Old 10-21-2006, 06:09 PM
I did try the leather oil on my office chair. It never did seem to 'soak in'. I left it on overnight and still had to wipe off the excess the next morning. And when I say excess, I mean pretty much everthing I applied. It seem to do nothing.

When I used it on the Castano, the leather just drank it up immediately. It was completely non-oily to the touch within 90 minutes or so.

A couple of caveats, though. It did darken the leather, a lot on application, but still very noticeable after it 'cured'. Also, make sure it is warm when you apply it. The instructions say that the surface should be 75deg or warmer.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.obenaufs.com/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this site.....they seem to have a lot of good information on leather and even show to be good for the leather seats in the non KR F150's...i'm sold!

Old 10-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Mark05KR
I always used Meguiars Gold Class leather conditioner on my Wifes 2000 Expy. The seats in her truck had some kind of clear coat on them, I think. Whatever it was, the Meguiars did a real nice job of keeping them looking and feeling good.

With my King Ranch I use Obenaufs Leather Oil. Best stuff I have ever found for 'raw' leather. I use Obenaufs LP (leather preservative), which is the leather oil suspended in Beeswax/Propolis to condition all kinds of other leathers including the steering wheel on my truck, baseball gloves, shoes, whatever. I really, really like this stuff.

http://www.obenaufs.com/
Do you have any pics of your KR seats after being conditioned?

Old 10-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Buzzz
Do you have any pics of your KR seats after being conditioned?
I did post up a couple in my interior gallery.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Cool

I would agree with the Meguiars conditioner with aloe. My seats look good all the time! It always get compliments from people.

Old 10-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I think he's looking for something along the lines of a 'Scotchguard' type of product but for leather the way that I read his post... not so much of a cleaner/conditioner.
thats right, the seats are brand new, want to keep them that way...they have like a clear coating on them already...but the scotchguard type thing for leather...anyone know of anything like that?

Old 10-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Mark05KR
I did post up a couple in my interior gallery.

Looks nice. How do you clean them before conditioning? I was thinking about just soaking some clean towels in really hot water and ringing them out. No chemicals.

Old 10-28-2006, 05:43 PM
I really haven't had to clean the seats yet. All I have done is just vacuum to remove any loose dirt and to clean out the cracks and crevices.

Obenuaf also has a leather cleaner. I will probably try that in the spring.

Quick Reply: Best leather protector