Scratches from trail!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scratches from trail!

I recently took my black 2003 F150 4x4 out on a trail, it was quite a rugged trail that left numerous scrathes on my car. Personally i think there is no reason to have a 4x4 if your not going to do some wheelin and scracthes i guess are the price you pay. I do however want my somewhat new truck to still look nice.

What is the best way to buff not so serious scratches?

Does the turtle wax scratch remover stuff work?

I would love to hear numerous opinions on what works best to remove or hide the appearance of scratches!!!

Thank you for your thoughts!!!

Old 10-21-2006, 09:37 PM
i have heard that meguiars scratch-x works great for small scratches.....i plan to try it out sometime soon though

Old 10-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Scratch X works great. Don't be afraid to use several applications. Follow the directions, and you'll be happy

Old 10-22-2006, 02:50 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sight unseen, it's a very tough diagnosis to make on your paint...

Be aware that some scratches and such will never come out... the rule of thumb is that if you can feel it when your fingernail, it'll probably not come out.

Scratch-X is a good product but, again, don't expect miracles. Your best bet is to shell out a few dollars for a professional detail. A rotary buffer in experienced hands with the right compounds and polishes can go light years beyond what you're going to be able to do in your garage without the use of a machine.

FYI.

RP

Quick Reply: Scratches from trail!