I'm am so confused...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I'm am so confused...

Wow after reading this section I feel as though I have never taken care of any of my vehicles. Some of you talk about detailing your vehicles for 6+ hours. How often do you do something like this? I really don't have that kind of time to spend on cleaning my truck but I would like to keep it in good condition and keep it clean. What would some of you suggest in regards to cleaning products? And how often and in what order would you suggest i use them in order to keep my truck looking good. It doesn't have to be showroom good jsut good enough that my paint stays in good condition. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Old 10-22-2006, 06:21 PM
My time is worth way more than the hours it would take to clean and detail this myself.

I can think of a few hundred things I need/want to do, right off the top of my head.

That's why I pay a pro detail shop to do it for me.

Old 10-22-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Kool Aid
My time is worth way more than the hours it would take to clean and detail this myself.

I can think of a few hundred things I need/want to do, right off the top of my head.

Good advice

BREW

Old 10-22-2006, 06:41 PM
So about how much should I expect to pay and how often do you guys get this done?

Old 10-22-2006, 07:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kool Aid..i absolutely love your harley grill and the lower matching insert..Can you Please tell me where you got them?Thanks alot..sweet truck..
Originally Posted by Kool Aid

Old 10-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Well i don't know what the average interval between details is, but i plan to do mine about every 3 months. And just wash weekly in between. But i was in your same boat when i started reading this section, but be careful it's addicting when you get started.

Old 10-22-2006, 08:55 PM
As I am in the Gulf of Mexico 14 days of each month, my truck gets alot of exposure sitting in a parking lot. Needless to say as soon as possible once I'm home, I'll give her a good washing and at least a wipe down with QD. I generally try to add a coat of NXT while I'm in. Yeah, a good day means 4 to 8 hours detailing her, but I look at this as an enjoyment, not a chore.

Old 10-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by tg150
Kool Aid..i absolutely love your harley grill and the lower matching insert..Can you Please tell me where you got them?Thanks alot..sweet truck..
Thanks.

I don't have the HD grille, anymore. That's an old picture.

The lower grille insert is a photoshop. There is no matching insert for the lower, so I sold it and got the Roush/Chrome Edition grille now.

Still don't have a matching lower though...

Old 10-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wash your truck once a week and wax it every few months and it should look good for a while. If you don't have time for a full detail, take it somewhere at least once a year, if not 2-3 times. It's been a while since I've priced details but $150-$200 depending on your area is reasonable.

Old 10-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Imo, I feel if you /or someone else does a good detail its a lot easier maintaining it with a weekly wash and a monthly wax.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by cobra909
As I am in the Gulf of Mexico 14 days of each month, my truck gets alot of exposure sitting in a parking lot. Needless to say as soon as possible once I'm home, I'll give her a good washing and at least a wipe down with QD. I generally try to add a coat of NXT while I'm in. Yeah, a good day means 4 to 8 hours detailing her, but I look at this as an enjoyment, not a chore.
Absolutely, I enjoy detailing my truck. I find it relaxing. To answer the original question, I try to wash every week, get in wax with NXT every month or so based on need, and plan to do a full detail maybe twice a year, again based on need. The truck is brand new, so I haven't gotten in a full detail yet, though I plan on it before the winter hits. I also break out an MF towel and the bottle of QD a few times a week, just to hit those nasty spots.

While I'm on the topic, I really love the QD spray. I did a full wash and wax a few days ago and was followed up by two days of heavy rain and wind. Leaves and dirt everywhere. A few minutes with the QD after everything dried out and I had it looking like new again.

Quick Reply: I'm am so confused...