Getting ready. .

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Getting ready. .

This website is going to kill my bank. .

Im about to order a BUNCH of detailing supplies. I'll be ordering from ADS, www.autodetailingsolutions.com Im going to order kit #3 from this page to get rid of my light swirls. http://autodetailingsolutions.com/Po...20Specials.htm RP suggested that I switch the #2 to #80. What else should I order? Do I need any more pads? Any other products? Speed Glaze? I don't want to have to order anything for a little while at least. Let me know what you guys think. I don't want to spend TOO much though.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Necessities or stuff that is nice to have in an arsenal?

Old 10-23-2006, 08:22 AM
If you want to take wax off with your machine get a MF bonnet kit.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Suspended
Im planning on only using the PC to apply the wax. I'll be buffing it off by hand.

Originally Posted by RockPick
Necessities or stuff that is nice to have in an arsenal?
Both.

Old 10-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Im planning on only using the PC to apply the wax. I'll be buffing it off by hand.

Both.
Plastic Razor Blades

I'm amazed at how often I use these things. They're FANTASTIC for removing the 'bulk' of road paint that is adhered to the paint. They're not 'sharp' but offer great removal oompah. 10 blades for a buck -- how do you go wrong?

The Bug Block

Nifty little device for bug removal. It'll scare you when you first hold it but, it works well. DO NOT PUSH DOWN AND SCRUB... just lightly move the block over the affected area. It's a harsh feel but, when used correctly, it's amazingly effective (and scar free).

Foaming Sprayer

Great for degreasers or APCs... this will 'froth' the product so it has more 'sticking' power to a surface. I use these with Simple Green on tires and LOVE them.

Dispensing Bottles

Great for bringing 32 ozs of a product down to a much easier to manage volume.

Quik Detailer Interior

Fantastic product for a light, matte shine and UVA/B protection. I love this stuff. I *hate* the wipes though... get the spray... and have some good, lint-free MF towels to wipe.

Even Coat Applicator

In my opinion, one of the best applicators on the market. Great size and thickness to work into tiny spots where you can't get with the PC pad.

Tire Dressing Applicators

These look just like Eagle One Tire Swipes but they're slightly cheaper. I will apply a dressing and 'even it out' with these. Or, if I'm using a gel product, I'll use these to apply and one to even it out. Get a few packs... standard size (the big ones are way to cumbersome unless you're working on a semi's tires). edit: they only have one size at ADS. EO Tire Swipes come in two sizes -- I hate the big ones.

Brushes...

I like the interior brush... I like the Slide Lock brush for removing dusting or similar around emblems and in crevaces...

Detailer Line Products

This is something that Rick does that is EXTREMELY nice in that you don't have to buy a gallon to try out a product that is typically only sold BY the gallon...

Try the Hyper Dressing (my personal favorite product from Meguiar's), try the APC+ (the + is a light fabric softener that is GREAT for interiors), try the Safe-Dgreaser (great through the foaming nozzle on tires and in wells), Body Solvent (pretty darn good tar remover - great vanilla smell)...

I can spend a bunch more but, that's a nice mix of needs and wants in my book...

RP

Old 10-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Suspended
Thanks RP!

Old 10-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Thanks RP!
You betcha...

Old 10-24-2006, 03:30 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
You betcha...
Dang, now I have to place another order to ADS... Darn you RP...

Old 10-24-2006, 08:32 AM
Bwa ha ha ha.

It starts

Old 10-24-2006, 11:44 AM
i really like Rick's M/F towels 12 for $9.99

microfiber towels

Old 10-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Suspended
Okay so the list has grown. . taking everyone's advice.
  • The Bug Block
  • Quik Detailer Interior
  • Even Coat Applicator
  • Tire Dressing Applicators
  • Interior Brush
  • Slide Lock Brush
  • More QD for Claying
  • More MF Towels

. . along with some more NXT Tech Wax and clay. Which clay should I order?

Whats everyone take with using the PC to take off wax? I'm thinking I'll be sticking to buffing it off by hand but let me know before I and order all of this.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:42 AM
I think most folks when using a PC were taking wax off using the Megs 7006 pad and a Megs MF Bonnet. However, they have discontinued the Megs MF bonnets for right now. A new product is suppose to be coming out soon. There are other brand MF bonnets available though.

On the slide lock brush I would check your local Big Lots and Dollar General stores, both were carrying those and may be some still available.

On the clay, I would just get the Megs smooth surface clay kit at Advance or Autozone. Comes with QD and they have a large size of additional QD if you need it. Price would be about the same on both items maybe even cheaper since shipping has to be figured in the cost.

Old 10-25-2006, 08:07 AM
Moderator &

Agreed with Harley130... that slide lock brush was available at certain Big Lots... but, then again, you're only going to save a buck or less on that. They also had the interior brush at my local Big Lots... again though, it's a buck or less on the save.

I agree 100% with the Smooth Surface Clay kit... or the Quik Clay kit (they're nearly identical -- I'm not sure that they're not).

Enjoy!

Old 10-25-2006, 08:35 AM
I think they are the same, except the smooth surface kit comes with a MF towell or something like that. The quick clay, which is what I just used on mine, came with the quick detailer spray and the clay, thats it, unless I got a pack that someone stole something out of.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Suspended
Okay so heres my list. . anything else?
  • Package #3 DA Polisher Professional Swirl Removal Kit
  • Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer
  • Honeycomb Bug Sponge
  • Heavy Duty Foam Tire Dressing Applicator Pad 2 Pack
  • Meguiar's All Surface Interior Brush
  • Meguiar's Slide Lock Detail Brush
  • Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit
  • Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes