Yesterday's Results!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yesterday's Results!!

It took from 11:00 A.M. to 6:30 P.M. but I was satisfied with the results. I have to go back today and reapply the back to black on the plastic pieces, and re-clean the windows. I had to wait till I got to work to take the pics so it has about 40 miles on it. No good shot of the interior but I'll work on it. Open to criticism. Always wanting to improve

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=8523

Put them in the gallery at 4:45 this afternoon. Maybe they won't be so huge now.

Last edited by themetermcse; 10-23-2006 at 05:45 PM. Reason: forgot to resize pics
Old 10-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great golllllly big pictures batman! Shame on you for using the fine state of Mississippi's webserver for hosting too!

Bud, I'm going to have to ask that you start a f150online.com gallery and upload your pictures there. It's free... simple... and avoids MASSIVE photos like the ones you've posted.

Old 10-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Well, I forgot to resize them before I posted. I cut them down quite a bit. As far as the webserver, well, I can't get to the one at home from here so I'll have to change over to gallery later. Plus, I am the keeper of the servers here. haha Probably do the gallery thing later tonight.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:53 PM
Got them in the gallery. RP, would really appreciate your thoughts and input. First time doing the full process of claying, polishing, waxing, etc...

Old 10-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Kind of hard to tell from the pictures. What were your processes?

Old 10-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Spank
Kind of hard to tell from the pictures. What were your processes?
  1. Wash
  2. Dry
  3. Clay
  4. Rinse
  5. Dry
  6. Tape off plastic
  7. Polish
  8. Wax - Megs NXT Tech Wax
  9. Wax - Megs Carnuba
  10. Stoners Glass Cleaner
  11. Removed Tape and used Mothers Back to Black for plastic
  12. Megs Hot Tire Shine
  13. Re-cleaned glass
  14. Final Wipe

Plus the wife's small projects in between some of those. I'm sore, but to me and several others around here it looks great, but would like some input. Maybe I can get some better pics tomorrow.

Old 10-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by themetermcse
  1. Wash
  2. Dry
  3. Clay

Plus the wife's small projects in between some of those. I'm sore, but to me and several others around here it looks great, but would like some input. Maybe I can get some better pics tomorrow.
Looks like it should come out well but the pictures don't really show it. I guess the small-sized ones don't show the nice details. Also, DSG is extremely hard to shine like other colors anyway (hint: I have a DSG).
Maybe try 2 layers of NXT next time?

Old 10-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Moderator &

Thanks for pumping them into a gallery... I appreciate your understanding.

As for looking good... I thought the mega-sized pics looked good. If you want, you can post a LINK to them (full-size hosted at your Mississippi school site)... just don't post the pics if you don't mind.

More pop could be held in a polishing step... when you say you polished, what did you use?

Old 10-24-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
More pop could be held in a polishing step... when you say you polished, what did you use?
I used the megs deep crystal polish, applied thin like it said to do, in very small sections. Used a brand new terry towell to remove.

Old 10-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Spank
Looks like it should come out well but the pictures don't really show it. I guess the small-sized ones don't show the nice details. Also, DSG is extremely hard to shine like other colors anyway (hint: I have a DSG).
Maybe try 2 layers of NXT next time?
Tell me about it. DSG is a great color but good god the work to get it to shine. I'll try that tip next time and see what I get.

thanks

Old 10-25-2006, 08:11 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by themetermcse
I used the megs deep crystal polish, applied thin like it said to do, in very small sections. Used a brand new terry towell to remove.
Hard call man.... like was said and as you've noticed, DSG is a bit of a different beast. You really need good light to get it to look like it's 'popping'.

#2 Polish (3-step) isn't a bad product... you may consider something like #7 Show Car Polish as I've always found it to be a better product than the A-line product.

Also, try removing it with a MF towel as it's going to 'cut it' less and will probably leave more behind and thus offer more depth and luster. #7 is great on darker colors...

RP

Old 10-25-2006, 08:31 AM
thanks for the tip.

I think for the first time I wanted to see how it would go, and I had read some of your earlier posts about the other products, but I was just a little leary, since it was the first time doing my truck like this. I think the better I get at it, I will probably pawn the polish off on the wifes car, to justify the other for the truck

Quick Reply: Yesterday's Results!!