Need some help...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help...

Hey guys...i need some detailing help.
I am using NXT wax as of right now. I am have trouble with swirls. I seem to have swirls all over my truck. How can i remove these?
Also awhile back i followed a line painting truck but didnt know that at first...i had yellow all over my truck and all up under the wheel well. It sprayed everywhere. Should i clay bar it or what to get the specs off?
Also..what do you recommend for the black trim around my truck?

Another thing...could someone recommend me a buffer? I bought the mother ball for my chrome wheels...it seems to be junk. doesnt even reach the areas i need. Any advice on cleaning chrome wheels

Old 11-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ahh, the open ended question of the year...

Swirls are not too difficult to deal with but, let's jump to the 'buffer' thought first because this will definitely help you in dealing with them.

I highly recommend checking out www.autodetailingsolutions.com and getting one of their PC / G100 package deals as they are a FANTASTIC buy and you get everything you need to get started (I'd have them substitute the #2 with #80 and would probably grab one more finishing pad).

Once you get the machine in hand, the swirl removal will be much easier.

If you're adverse to going that route and spending that cash... check into a simple hand applied product like Meguiar's #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 (available just about everywhere from a parts perspective -- pep boys, otterzone, etc). #9 is more of a concealer than a remover but, it'll probably suit your purpose if the swirls aren't hellish.

Red is a tough color. I'd HIGHLY recommend the G100. It's INCREDIBLY user friendly and is VERY easy to use. You really have to be a bonehead to hurt your paint with this machine... ADS is the bests deal going on this machine.

Trim, search ... been discussed 10 times in the past 6 weeks I bet. Use a nice water-based dressing like Vinylex or Meguiar's #40.

See if the paint specs will come off with clay -- they may not and you may need to step up to a plastic razor blade and a hell of a lot of time... if you're not comfortable with this, you need to hire it out. This is something that you *CAN* thrash your paint with.

Beyond that, I REALLY recommend searching around here a bit. All of your questions have been covered multiple times here at f150online.com and it may help by dredging up a thread or two along those lines in an effort to help yourself first...

-RP-

Old 11-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devin4X4, you really need to look at my recent thread here in the 'Care and Detailing' forum. I just purchased the Meguiars G100, Porter Cable. I purchased the buffer from Auto Detailing Solutions, www.autodetailingsolutions.com. Just as RockPick said, the G100 is incredibly easy to use. ADS has a package deal you might want to look into, its the same kit I bought. I substitued #2 for #80 per RockPick's advice. Once you order this than follow these steps to get rid of your swirls.
  1. Wash
  2. Clay
  3. #80 with G100
  4. #9 with G100
  5. NXT with G100
  6. NXT with G100

I hope this helps, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Quick Reply: Need some help...