Buffer and scratches?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffer and scratches?

i have an extreme ammount of surface scrathes from offroading with my black truck and my friend claims his buffer can do the trick with waxing as well. Does the correct use of a buffer and the right chemicals and wax really do the trick; if the scrathes pass the test of fingernail passing scratch without getting embeded?

is there any pre-emptive things i can do to my paint so next time on the trail my paint won't get eatin alive?

-thx-

Old 11-14-2006, 07:38 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Typing on my handheld here...excuse typos.

A 'buffer. is a loose term. Some scratches will come out; others will not..

Black is a booger. That would definitely be a consideration to just letting some guy work on your paint. He may be a crackerjack and, yes, a buffer and the right chemicals can probably do a lot but, by the same token, if not used correctly, can induce problems that can't be fixed.

Preemptive.... stop four-wheeling. HAHAHA!

Hope that helps a little...its tough to type on this handheld.

-RP-

Last edited by Rockpick; 11-14-2006 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:59 PM
if he knows how to use the buffer then have at it. ive got a few friends that have stuff and say they know how to use it but i still wouldnt trust them. buffers can lead to some serious damage on paint.

other than that, yea, a buffer will remove quite a few surface scratches and make your truck shine.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:38 PM
First of all thx for the input, but honestly im not going to stop off roading, i have an FX4 and im just doing what it was born to do, anyone who has a 4x4 and just keeps it shiny and pretty without doing any wheelin is just a poser. i do however hate the unsightly scratches i get from the trail. i really want to know what i can do to prevent it, and quiting wheelin isnt an option. i want input to whether there are professional products to put on the car, or even redneck half-assed methods. ( maybe putting mud over your entire vehicle will help )

-thx-

Old 11-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Coat it in mud. Best of luck.

Old 11-14-2006, 06:05 PM
You may not want to do this but you can rino line your rocker panel or put a protective film that is made for rocker panels. Thats all I can think of

Old 11-15-2006, 01:04 AM
that protective film stuff look like it could do the trick but i dont want to spend like $100 each time i go off roading so i have enough film 2 cover the sides of my truck. doea anyone make protective film that is bigger then 6in in width?

does any1 no if the film can be re-used?

any other opinions/ideas on how to protect paint?

Old 11-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by TucsonFX4

any other opinions/ideas on how to protect paint?
Buy a jeep, or something older to wheel with. You can't have your cake and eat it too on this. If your going to offroad, you're going to get scratches simple as that...

Quick Reply: Buffer and scratches?