My Take On Zaino!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've always heard die-hard Z users mention that there were 'bonding' problems by using something with polishing oils and/or other 'stuff'... *shrugs*

I don't know the Z system very well -- I'll admit that -- but, with the bonding thing being such a huge selling point for Z, it makes sense that you may want to stay within the 'Z' family of products -- at least that's my take.

Old 12-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
I've always heard die-hard Z users mention that there were 'bonding' problems by using something with polishing oils and/or other 'stuff'... *shrugs*

I don't know the Z system very well -- I'll admit that -- but, with the bonding thing being such a huge selling point for Z, it makes sense that you may want to stay within the 'Z' family of products -- at least that's my take.
Very well put. Of course zaino will never replace any sort of a swirl remover, so people must keep that in mind.

Old 12-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by VR_MSM
Very well put. Of course zaino will never replace any sort of a swirl remover, so people must keep that in mind.
Actually, Z Fusion and Z-5 are both marketed as swirl removers. I've heard good things about Z Fusion...

Old 12-03-2006, 07:02 PM
What I've noticed as far as the fusion problems. Alot of people just switch over form wax to Zaino, and still have wax on their car.

I'm sure, I'll get an agreement with this statement, only start using Zaino if you have a fresh coat of paint OR all the wax has been removed from the paint you're about to use the Zaino on. When I worked for a company that would only use Zaino, a customer brought his car in, didn't tell us he had wax on it... We spent an extra day fixing his mistake, so he got what he wanted.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Actually, Z Fusion and Z-5 are both marketed as swirl removers. I've heard good things about Z Fusion...
Yes, this is partially right. What I mean is that it wont take out any sort of serious swirls. If you have very very fine swirling, then it will work just fine.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by X2daC
What I've noticed as far as the fusion problems. Alot of people just switch over form wax to Zaino, and still have wax on their car.

I'm sure, I'll get an agreement with this statement, only start using Zaino if you have a fresh coat of paint OR all the wax has been removed from the paint you're about to use the Zaino on. When I worked for a company that would only use Zaino, a customer brought his car in, didn't tell us he had wax on it... We spent an extra day fixing his mistake, so he got what he wanted.
This is all too true. The car has to be properly prepped before even starting out.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Would it be fair to say that clay bar + scratchx would remove all wax?

Old 12-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Moderator &

yeah... it would remove most wax (the S-X) but you're going to leave behind some polishing oils that may keep the Z from bonding -- or so I've heard the Zaino users say.

Dawn, as I'm told, is the only saving grace to get it to 'stick' properly. Just regurgitating what I've been told and the process that I used when I tried it...

Old 12-05-2006, 12:07 AM
I wouldn't use anything but Zaino on my vehicles. I tried the Carnuba (Zymol) over the Zaino once and was not impressed. The Z8 Grand Finale spray gave me a much better depth than the Zymol did. Also the new Z-Fusion is actualy an abrasive that works wonders on swirl marks. I highly recommend Zaino.

This guy repaired some very rough paint with Zaino:

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-p...cs-inside.html

Old 12-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Zaino is an outstanding product. The day after I bought my truck, I washed, clayed, washed again, then polished using the Zaino process. I only wash it by hand using the two bucket process. Looks like it just rolled off the assembly line.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:41 PM
I have always been curious about trying Zaino out, seeing how it does. I don't know how much extra of a shine it would give to a white vehicle though.

Also, it would be kind of an expensive commitment to just try a product. Who knows though, maybe sometime in the new year I'll give it a go.

- Chris

Old 12-12-2006, 11:47 PM
I'll put it like this in regaurds to Zaino. The shine you get from three coats of wax will equal one coat of Zaino.

Quick Reply: My Take On Zaino!