Meg.'s products comparison/description

Just a few Q's about some Megs products;

How do you feel about the following :
(detailer Line)
1. Wheel Brightener
2. the various degreasers
3. glass cleaner concentrate
4. XPress wax
5. the various dressings (aside from the famous Hyper Dressing)
6. Body Solvent
7. Accent coating

(professional Line)
1. #80 vs. #82
5. #39 vs. #40
6. #20 vs. #21

Lastly, how do these compare to the A-line and NXT line (on applicable products...ie:#20 vs. #21 vs. NXT, etc...)

Thanks ahead of time. For those of you who haven't figured it out, I'm looking into some goodies from ADS. (that's autodetailingsolutions.com)

BTW--I'm using a DA or hand applying products. (if this helps)

Old 12-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
J1. Wheel Brightener
A waste. I've yet to find ANY kind of wheel 'cleaner' product that really delivers above and beyond good ole' elbow grease. You may be able to use something like this on a SERIOUSLY grimey wheel but, other than that, stick with a sponge.

2. the various degreasers
Safe D-G is a pretty good product. I like it with a foaming sprayer. The others aren't bad. The only one that I've bought with frequency is Safe D.

3. glass cleaner concentrate
I've heard some say that this is their favorite product in the D-line. For me, though, it's average. Just an opinion...

4. XPress wax
Doing VOLUME detailing? This is a great product. Doing ANYTHING else? Find ANYTHING else. Gold Class or NXT or just about anything else, IMO.

5. the various dressings (aside from the famous Hyper Dressing)
Hyper Dressing is NUMERO UNO. S-F D -- only needed for body shops. Average product but, a bit 'sticky'. I do like Natural Shine (a-line)

6. Body Solvent
Smells GREAT (vanilla). Works pretty good. Needs A LOT of dwell time on the paint to achieve results.

7. Accent coating
One word. Garbage.

1. #80 vs. #82
#80... just a more versatile product that breaks down well. It's a preference to me... I've always found it easier to work with.

Stick with #7. #3 offers nearly NOTHING over #7.

It's been a long time since I've used it... That is, if this is Cleaner Wax from the M line... Seems to me like it was a bit oily for my preference. I do, however, like the A-line Cleaner Wax.

The spin on this product was that it was an 'updated' #7 for clearcoats I believe. Never used it. Again, #7 is probably preferable (and seems to be across the detailing circles).

5. #39 vs. #40
Cleaner vs. Conditioner. I like #39 and #40 is so-so.

6. #20 vs. #21
#21 hands down but, I don't really care all that much for either... just way too glassy looking.

Lastly, how do these compare to the A-line and NXT line (on applicable products...ie:#20 vs. #21 vs. NXT, etc...)
I kind of answered this within the above...

That help?

Old 12-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, RP, as always, you're a great help.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with RP across the board, with one exception..

Originally Posted by RockPick
6. #20 vs. #21
#21 hands down but, I don't really care all that much for either... just way too glassy looking.
I actually like #20 on metallics, especially lighter ones. .. it was my second favorite thing to use on my Silver Metallic Trans AM, after CIW.

I prefer # 21 over NXT, although I have been quite pleased with both .. but I need to put an asterisk with the #21 comment . I don't like it by itself nearly as much as I do when it is topped with #26 or Mother's Pure Carnuba .. without topping with a carnuba, #21 looks a lot more saran wrappy than NXT does by itself.

Quick Reply: Meg.'s products comparison/description