Dang it!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dang it!

I clayed my truck about a week ago, and had it sparkling. My wife and I had a couple of days off this week so we went on a little road trip in the Stang. I parked the truck in the driveway, and I guess the wind blew pretty hard, while we were gone, and when the sprinklers came on it water spotted the heck out of my whole truck.

I wonder if I am going to have to clay the thing again?

Old 12-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the process of bringing the good looks of my new-to-me '97 F150 and basically the same thing happened to me.

I used some "No Sweat Mist" http://www.nosweatmist.com/ which is a shine enhancer marketed towards Bass Boats. It is a silicone-free, non-abrasive, easy to use product that has UV inhibitors and works great on removing water spots. It took the spots right off and I couldn't feel a thing on the paint afterwards.

Another great thing about the "Mist" is that it can be used on seats, dash, plastic and rubber trim pieces and chrome. I know some guys that use it on their Harley's and they just love it.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No doubt who they're marketing it towards is there? LOL! I think my dad mentioned this product to me once... he has a 22' Triton with a 250 Merc... it was a camera boat in the 2004 Bass Masters Classic. It's ULTRA-SLICK.

Old 12-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow,I liked the cover page for that add! I might have to get some of that stuff, because my truck has to be in the driveway, and every once in a while it will get some water spots on it.
I did wash the ****ens out of it yesterday and it seemed to shine up well. Took a lot of time though. Man these trucks are big. I can usually whack the Stang out in about an hour, and have it shining, but this F150 takes all afternoon sometimes! Well especially when I add beer to the scenerio!

Quick Reply: Dang it!