New 06 Supercew True Blue, best soap, mit and drying towel?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 06 Supercew True Blue, best soap, mit and drying towel?

I just bought a new 06 supercrew, I have had it for one week and I need to wash it but I have a old mit I used on the last car, and I was not sure what was the best soap, mit and towel to use.

I have always liked the imitation chamois's becuase they seem to last longer than the real chamois.

So what should I start with to take care of this truck?

Jim

Old 12-05-2006, 08:55 AM
First off, you'll want to do a full detail. (Do a search on detail or detailing, and you're sure to find a plethora of information.)

But in light of your wash question: (also availible on a search)

---I like Meguiars Gold Class Wash/Shampoo (Offers great suds and lubricity across the paint, as well as bringing out the shine of the paint)

---As for a mitt, it's a natural Lamb's Wool/Sheepskin mitt. Other than that, I've heard Chennielle works great.

---As for drying, I'd use a leafblower or air compressor to get most of it off, then get out a Waffle Weave (Microfiber) drying dowel and BLOT dry (I cannot stress enough the importance of blotting.)

---Though you didn't mention it, I'll go ahead and reccommend Meguiars atural Shine for all plastics/rubbers, Endurance Gloss for the tires, and Stoners Invisible Glass for the glass.

---Definately do at least one full detail a year, and wax every quarter or so (as needed). If you're wondering, the basics of a full detail should include:
-Wash
-clay
-paint cleaner or cleaner wax
-polish
-wax
-wax (again)
-interior (usually comprises of cleaning seats, dash, conditioning rubber weather stripping, etc...)
-Do a search, and you'll find plenty more info.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:34 AM
I was just up in Northern Arizona and I am not sure how much salt was on the road, do I need to get the washed at a car wash ( like Octopus) to get any salt off?

This is an 06 supercrew, and we were by flagstaff for a few days mainly on the freeway and in Williams.

jim

Old 12-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Salt on arizona roads...are you serious??? The salt most people here are referring to is road salt placed by the various Departments of Transportation, to melt ice in order that the people can safely drive. Unless my geography is off, you don't have a lot of that.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:21 AM
In some parts of Arizona they measure snow in feet instead of inches!

Old 12-09-2006, 03:55 PM
I just tried out the Meguiars Gold Class wash/shampoo and i liked it

Quick Reply: New 06 Supercew True Blue, best soap, mit and drying towel?