Wax On The PLastic Parts Of My Truck hahaha

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wax On The PLastic Parts Of My Truck hahaha

How do i get this crap off i tryed using denatured alchol on it and it didnt work it only in a few places but it bugs the heck out of me

Old 12-05-2006, 03:39 PM
i use a trim cleaner gr40 and it works great.the trim looks like brand new and i get from www.topoftheline.com great stuff

Old 12-05-2006, 04:16 PM
I had the same problem and read somewhere that magic eraser worked well so I tried it and it worked. After I used the magic eraser there was just a little wax residue so I washed it off...all gone!

Old 12-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What Buckeye said, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Works awsome getting wax off the plastic, or anything else. I used one on my whole lower plastic valance and it looked 100 times better.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Magic Eraser x3. It will also work to remove the grey oxidation from your window moldings. I have found hundreds of items that they will get clean and shiny!

Old 12-05-2006, 11:21 PM
I can tell you that a pencil eraser works great, and have heard rumor that 303 aerospace protectant does too. Also heard of Peanut butter, but I'm way to scared to try this...makes you wonder who came up with that idea and how...

If I am remembering the Mr. Clean Magic eraser properly, than it's kinda' abrasive. If this is so, use caution when rubbing or scrubbing. If not, forget I said it.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:33 AM
I almost hate to say this but I tried the Ice polish on my plastic figuring the worst that would happen would be whiting and the work getting it off. Well it's been 3 weeks now and its holding up better than 303. Some very minor streaking but nothing more than that. I am intrested in seeing how it dose in the summer heat. I also use it on my exposed frame and the wheel wells. Not too shabby. Easy app and and easy rinse off. Just my experience.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
I can tell you that a pencil eraser works great, and have heard rumor that 303 aerospace protectant does too. Also heard of Peanut butter, but I'm way to scared to try this...makes you wonder who came up with that idea and how...

If I am remembering the Mr. Clean Magic eraser properly, than it's kinda' abrasive. If this is so, use caution when rubbing or scrubbing. If not, forget I said it.
It is a little abrasive but not enough to do any damage. I have used on interior walls in homes and on appliances without issues. It really does a great job on the exterior rubber and plastic moldings on our trucks. I have used it on all my vehicles for the past 3 yrs or so with no damage at all and great results.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:08 AM
Peanut butter

I actually tried the peanut butter a few years back, and it didn't work. Just made my doorhandles smell. Sounds like this magic eraser is pretty useful, I'll have to pick one up.

Quick Reply: Wax On The PLastic Parts Of My Truck hahaha