I got unknown overspray on the 06.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got unknown overspray on the 06.....

I just did two coats of megs. last week and after doing the lift/getting the alignment this weekend I noticed the paint on the nose felt a little rough. So at 10pm in 30 degree weather I was in the dark washing the whole truck(sickness) and it still feels crappy. So yesterday morning I check and there is "overspray" i guess, cant see it unless you really look but can definitely feel them. I used a little scratch x and some elbow grease on the drivers front fender and it goes away. But, the hood and the rest needs to be done and it's in the 30's now. Do I just leave it and let the winter do its thing...truck is outside all the time (no garage till spring). Will this stuff do anything to the paint/clear if it sits all winter? or do I claybar it (seems less harsh than going over the nose with scratch x again...did it about two months ago) and wax again before the winter salt/sand. Drives me insane having this crap on the truck.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Clay is your answer.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Clay is your answer.

x2. I would think scratch-x would be a little harsh...good instincts. Got pics of the lift?

Old 12-10-2006, 04:21 PM
If the clay doesnt work. I have used lacquer thinner. Dont go crazy with it. just apply it with a clean red shop rag VERY LIGHTLY.

Quick Reply: I got unknown overspray on the 06.....