Tonneau Cover Conditioning...HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tonneau Cover Conditioning...HELP PLEASE

I just installed a Truxedo Lo Profile tonneau cover on my 00 F150 4x4. It looks great , but I want it to stay that way. What do you guys reccomend for conditioning the cover and helping it keep its color.

I've been leaning towards this, heard some good things. They also have free shipping til the 18th:
http://www.303products.com/store/cat...FTOKEN=5458472

If you guys have experience with the Aerospace 303, can reccomend what size to get, or have any other suggestions, it would be appreciated.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
303 is a great option. They make a very good product.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Nak, did that white bumper come stock? I really like that, would love to have that on my truck.

Oh and I've never heard a bad thing about 303, the make a really good product.

- Chris

Old 12-13-2006, 08:13 AM
Oh and I've never heard a bad thing about 303, the make a really good product.

- Chris
I've only had one bad experience with 303:

Last summer, my father in law decided he needed to clean up his Subaru for the first time in the three years he'd owned it. (Being parked in my driveway next to the 5 vehicles I keep immaculately clean finally shamed him into it).

Dear old Dad in Law decided he should spray down the tires

seats

dash

door panels

engine compartment

trunk mat

wheel wells

bumper pads

door gaskets

suspension

mud flaps

tire valve caps

body trim

gas cap

and any other @#$&*(* thing he could find that would accept the 303.

The bad experience? He used my 303 up! Never said "thanks", never commented on how great the stuff was, never even acknowledged that somebody had to pay for it...all he wanted to know was when I'd be getting more, so I could get him a bottle of his own!

Only good thing that pinhead ever did was provide me with BelayOn, my wonderful wife of 24 years.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:52 AM
^^^^^

Old 12-13-2006, 03:25 PM
Another vote for 303. It's used a lot for Hot tub covers and just about anything else that gets beat up from the sun.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Truckman, the bumper did come stock, I know the chrome comes with the XLT package, but I'm not too sure about the white.

So it looks like I'm going with the 303. So it does work on plastic, wheel wells, and other materials too? What size from that page would you guys reccomend? I don't really know how far the stuff goes when it's wiped on. I'd be using it every once in a while. Thanks alot for the advice.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It lays down pretty thin. You won't need an excessive amount - and, in fact, don't want to over apply as the run off from the cover will streak your paint. I'd get a standard bottle or two... that should last quite a while.

Tips for application:

Spray on a soft 100% terry cloth after you've cleaned the cover. Watch your overspray as it will cause a 'blotchy' look on clean paint (especially dark colors). Once you've applied it to the full cover. Follow with a clean 100% cotton towel to lightly remove all excess.

You will note a slight amount of dust attraction doing this as no product is perfect. To help minimize this problem, you may elect to repeat the second 'wipe off' step at multiple times between washings.

When washing, save the cover for LAST as the ingredients in 303 will ZAP your suds in your wash solution -- as will any product with heavy silicones.

-RP-

Old 12-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RockPick
You will note a slight amount of dust attraction doing this as no product is perfect. To help minimize this problem, you may elect to repeat the second 'wipe off' step at multiple times between washings.
This is why I really like using the new formula of Eagle One Wax As You Dry. I use it on my tonneau cover and plastics and it keeps them looking new while absolutely no run off from rain (problem I had with all other products I've tried on the cover/plastics) or being sticky in any shape or form. It actually helps stuff not stick - when I use my california duster during the heavy pollen season, the pollen wipes off much easier when the Wax As You Dry is applied every wash!

I know RockPick said in another post that his personal experience with it was less then desirable and thought it was absolute garbage. I also found the 'old' formula to leave streaks/haze and give a dull look, but I really think if you like the look/result of Megs #26 over NXT then I think you'll like the new formula of Wax As You Dry as a great booster wax over NXT. Infact, my dad says he likes the look of the Wax As You Dry over the NXT 'much' better then the NXT by itself every time he sees me using it and I gotta say it does look very good over the NXT by itself (smooths that saran wrap effect out of the NXT and adds a deeper wetter look).

So if you want a good booster wax for your weekly washes inbetween your primary waxes that also works great at keeping stuff like your tonneau covers and plastics looking new and conditioned with no side effects like runs down the side from rain or making the surface sticky, I really think you guys should give the new formula of Wax As You Dry a try.

Quick Reply: Tonneau Cover Conditioning...HELP PLEASE