Polished Aluminum

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polished Aluminum

Ok fellers, what is the best way to keep polished aluminum purdy & shiny without waxin’ every week. Cause it is startin’ to get old quick. Tomorrow I’m goin’ to try some Eagle One Nano Polish with Anticorrosion & see if it will keep a shine longer than just paste wax. Anyone have any tips or tricks??

Old 12-19-2006, 06:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah, the joys of polished (and un-coated) aluminum. Zoops makes a sealer that you can apply after polishing. My friends who have used it say it does indeed help, but you'll still be polishing on a (less) regular basis.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:32 AM
Suspended
Get whatever it is chrome plated.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:12 AM
I used Metal Armor on my Boyd Coddington's, and was very pleased with the results ..

I used their precision metal polish, and then added a couple coats of their final polish and sealant .. got very good durabilty out of it (several months) and it is much cheaper than Zoops .. you can get a complete hand kit for under $100, or just the sealant kit for about $30 at www.metalarmor.net

I also had very good success using their final polish and sealant on my painted C5 wheels. did a great job of making the brake dust very easy to clean.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:59 PM
The guy that I bought all my Galaxie's trim from uses Turtle Wax Metal and Chrome polish spray. He says you use it once in a while, works great. Because it's a daily driver I'm assuming, use it every wash or every other and you'll be fine. Worst case scenario, get a flitz or something from Eastwood that'll fit a drill or die grinder with the tripoli compound and white rouge compound and you'll be happy.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Gipraw
I used Metal Armor on my Boyd Coddington's, and was very pleased with the results ..

I used their precision metal polish, and then added a couple coats of their final polish and sealant .. got very good durabilty out of it (several months) and it is much cheaper than Zoops .. you can get a complete hand kit for under $100, or just the sealant kit for about $30 at www.metalarmor.net

I also had very good success using their final polish and sealant on my painted C5 wheels. did a great job of making the brake dust very easy to clean.
That's what I'm lookin' for, I used the Eagle one polish & it worked great. Now I just need the Metal Armor sealant. I spent just a little over an hour & a half just polishing 2 wheels. I knew there was away I didn't have to spend all weekend polishin' my wheels...

Old 12-19-2006, 01:36 PM
for the inside of my wheels when they get loaded with brakedust.. ill use some triple or quad ott steel wool... and you can taccually polish dull alumiminum with the wool and some polish

Quick Reply: Polished Aluminum