When to Wax a New Truck???

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will agree with Rockpick, frequent cleaner use is ok. I've done it forever and have had no issues. Read up on him, lots of tips, advice and product knowledge there. Like others say, wax right away, no big deal, the truck should of had it new anyways. I just got my car back from paint, and I'd say within a week I was waxing. The painter had to wet sand, polish etc before, then he told me to wax as final using 3M finishing glaze- nice stuff by the way. Easy on, easy off. As far as the orbital, apply no problem, but I'd take off by hand. The cleaner has to work one small section at a time, so like 4 sq. ft at a time, again hand easier. Apply all wax with it, but remove with your hands. You're plans sound good, just be patient and enjoy. Tell people who want to hinder you're work to "F" off, babble wastes time and concentration. That's the best advice!

Old 12-30-2006, 07:14 PM
If Im not mistaking I think RP was Clayin his truck before he finished signing the papers Only kidding lol.

Old 12-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by alex_pitts87
i bought some #26 yesterday and today iam going to buy NXT i think

i was thinking
wash
dry
wax
wax
polish with 26

i have an orbital buffer
any tips would be great
I'd wash, clay, wash, polish, wax, & wax again; as soon as I got the truck home.

Quick Reply: When to Wax a New Truck???