how do i get rid of this????? Oxidation or Clear Failure?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hillman
im already saving money for a lightning.
Oh good choice! I've have had three Lightnings now! You will love the Lightning! It is THEE hottest looking and fastest f150 ever made! (holds it's value the best too!) When I totaled my 03 I went shopping for a new truck that same day, even looked at the new Harley editions, but guess what I wound up back in?

Old 01-10-2007, 06:51 PM
[QUOTE=emig5m]I would try to fix it myself before paying an arm and leg to have an auto body shop do it. You don't have nothing to lose if you can't fix it yourself since it would of had to go to the body shop anyway.

If you try to fix it yourself first and are unhappy with the results it will cost even more if you take it to a body shop afterwards.
In the pics the metallic flake is motled, ( not laying correctly looking smooth ) away from the area in question which tells me the panel may have been painted before. It looks similar to a moisture problem, if so on wet humid days it would probably look worse than on dry warm days.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:47 PM
i hope to find a lightning that has low mileage though. i dont want to buy one with 100,000+ miles on it because itll be in about 5 years when im done with college assuming i stay no longer than four years.might as well start saving for a new engine then too.

Quick Reply: how do i get rid of this????? Oxidation or Clear Failure?