Meg's #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 any good for PC?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meg's #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 any good for PC?

Made three passes on the same area with a PC 7336 on the number five setting and it didn't even budge my swirls. I'm ready to take the sand paper to it, lol.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by emig5m
Made three passes on the same area with a PC 7336 on the number five setting and it didn't even budge my swirls. I'm ready to take the sand paper to it, lol.
#9 has VERY little cut to it. I had some swirls and i tried #9 and got the same result as you. I would recommend getting some #80 speed glaze. It works with the PC and it was very effective. It had a lot of polishing oils to nourish the paint. I was very pleased.

I wouldn't recommend sanpaper though.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by red06f150
I wouldn't recommend sanpaper though.
Hehe... Thing is I had to repaint and wet sand a section on my old truck's bumper and after wet sanding it looked so dulled out I thought I had made a major mistake trying to do it myself but it only took ScratchX by hand to shine like new with no swirls at any angle of lighting. Kinda getting tired of ****ing around with no results, lol, I might just take it to a pro and have it done right once and for all.

Thanks for the input on the #80. It's not in stock anywhere in my area hence why I got stuck with #9 and I only have tomorrow left in which I can do it myself this season or I will have to wait till spring hence no mail ordering.

Now how do I go about finding a professional detailer that's going to be able to handle swirl marks or other paint defects? I don't even care how much it would cost, lol, just want it to look immaculate.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
5 is too fast of a setting but, you still should've seen some results.

#80 is a much better product at removing problems versus covering them up (which is much of the effective process with #9).

Oh yeah, I'm a short drive down from Jersey.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Is the foam polishing pad that comes with the PC even usable for swirls with #80 if I can by luck find it in a store early tomorrow morning. If not, looks like I'm screwed until spring. I HAVE to be able to do this tomorrow (no time for ordering online) or else my only chance is to pay someone to do it for me.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Moderator &

I can't really vouch for the pad that comes with the machine as I chucked it upon opening the box.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Ahhh... Ok. Well then I'll *probably* take some pics tomorrow at the right angle in the sun of what I'm trying to fix in the paint and then if you have the time link me to whatever pads you think would be best and I can *hope* for another nice day this winter to do it.

Is there any chance to find good pads and polish in retail? I really would like to do this tomorrow since it's going to be nice and 55 degrees out.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Moderator &

You may have a paint and body shop supply store locally that could potentially supply you with these goods. Might check the yellow pages.

If not... It kind of depends on how many you want. No matter the quantity, I'd check www.autodetailingsolutions.com first. Meguiar's pads are solid. While there are other good pads on the market, I'm comfortable with Meg's and thus, I have stuck with them -- even after trying other brands pro-bono.

Quick Reply: Meg's #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 any good for PC?