Detailing and clay bar!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Enough is Enough Already
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detailing and clay bar!

I am going to do a full detail on my truck Saturday and my paint is full of ''swirl marks'' I am going to use the clay bar and the mequires wax will this take them out?

Old 01-10-2007, 07:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"search" for removing swirls!!

If you have deep swirls, or a lot of swirls, I don't think the clay bar will help any with those.

-NCSU

Old 01-10-2007, 07:47 AM
but it will still be a good idea to clay it, if it has never been done.

ditto what NCSU said about searching for swirls and swirl removal. There have been some really good discussions about it. sometimes a good polish will remove them and then you may need to use some scratch x for some as well.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by seangranger
I am going to do a full detail on my truck Saturday and my paint is full of ''swirl marks'' I am going to use the clay bar and the mequires wax will this take them out?
A clay bar unfortunately won't do anything for swirl marks. All it does is remove surface contaminents. Definitely a necessary step if it has never been done before. It will make the surface feel very smooth.
Meguiars wax wont remove swirls either. NXT does contain a lot of fillers which may hide some of the swirls, but it wont do anything to actually remove them. For that you'll need a polish (maybe more than one depending on how bad the paint is). You'll want to use a porter cable to remove the swirls. Doing it by hand would probably take you 2 days. It can be done though. If by hand, I'd suggest clearkotes red moose glaze. If by pc, I'd suggest poorboys ssr line.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Adams Swirl and Haze remover did a great job on my Expy. Use this link and scroll down a little.

http://adamspolishes.com/site/depart...CED4&killnav=1

Last edited by melman; 01-10-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Enough is Enough Already
Thanks for the help, I bought some meguires products for removing swirls and I am going to use them Saturday!

Old 01-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by seangranger
Thanks for the help, I bought some meguires products for removing swirls and I am going to use them Saturday!
What products?

Old 01-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
seangranger: Be sure to take and post before and after pictures!!

melman: You like Adams products? I'm thinking of ordering their big ole package of goodies now that I've got a PC sitting at home. How long have you been using Adam's stuff?

- NCSU

Old 01-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Here is a link to Meg's website with info on swirl mark removal:

Swirl Marks Removed with DA

Swirl Marks Removed by hand

Old 01-12-2007, 10:49 AM
I've been using Adams products for about a year and a half. I have used all kinds of products and would not use anything else now. They were recommended to me by a friend who shows, and wins with his Corvette (sweet!!!) and he feel the same. Once you get it completely detailed their detail spray is easy to use and will keep your ride looking sweet between washes. You get a video with the kit that really helps with the correct application of the products. "THIS IS NOT AN AD, I JUST BUY THEIR STUFF AND LOVE IT".

Old 01-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Enough is Enough Already
It was meguires scratch x im going to do it tommorrow but i did a little spot yesterday and it stayed about the same but ill try with the buffer tommorrow.

Quick Reply: Detailing and clay bar!