Simoniz system 5

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simoniz system 5

I have just had this simoniz system 5 treatment done to my f150 and man does it slick it down. They wanted to charge us 595 at chrysler when i bought my wife her jeep commander and toyota charges 699 i believe. You can get the same kit off ebay somehow. I buddy of mine had it put on his 300 and brought me the bottle and it is the same thing. Catch is if you get the dealership to apply it, they will warranty your paint if not you are on your own when it comes to stains. I feel if a dealership is going to warranty paint after a wax application it must be good stuff. I bought 5 kits, one for my f150, one for my z71 and one for my wifes commander. I will apply it to my stang after the paint cures a little. great results

Old 01-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ehh... I hope you didn't sink a bunch of cash into that stuff.

The 'paint warranty' thing is, by most industry standards, not worth the paper that it's written on. Further, those 'add-ons' that the dealership tosses at you when you're sitting there, excited about buying a vehicle are the HIGHEST PROFIT ITEMS at the entire dealership.

Maybe you've found the *single* exception to this common practice in the automotive sales industry but, I'm skeptical. I hope I'm wrong though.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Your not wrong rock, the undercoating rust proofings, window vin etchings, paint sealants and carpet sctoch guards are all a line of BS. The last used car I bought was my navigator, and they told me it had just been traded in so it wasn't even cleaned out yet. I said I didn't care and when I bought it, they tried to charge me $550 for the window VIN# etching that further prevented the likelyhood of theft. I told them I didn't give a rats *** if some stole the windows after they stole the car, thats what state farm is for and they didn't even do the dam etching, it was already there.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:58 AM
ya i work at a jeep dealership and i have yet to see someone actually pay for that ****, lol it just sits in the closet, hell we havnt even opened the box it came in yet but i am certified to do it lol

Last edited by 06FX4; 01-12-2007 at 10:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Simoniz system 5