Polish?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polish?

As soon as hunting season is over, I plan to do a good detail of my truck. I'm going to wash and clay, and put another coat of wax on it. During the season, I've picked up some "desert pinstriping" it seems. So I would like to hit it with some sort of polish before I wax it. That said, I have a couple of questions I can't find by searching...

- Everyone refers to Meguirs #7, what is the street name? Is the Deep Crystal polish decent by itself, with NXT over it? A better polish I should look for?

- I have used cleaner waxes in the past, but plan to go to the NXT wax this go around. Is just washing and waxing sufficient, on a regular basis, or should I use some sort cleaner before the NXT? I assume I don't need to use the polish every time I wax?

Thanks for the tips, I've certainly learned a lot from this forum. And spent lots of money too...

- Craig

Old 01-28-2007, 07:31 PM
#7 = Meguiars Show Car Glaze. Has a '7' on it. http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-pure-po...Show-Car-Glaze

I have used the DC Polish and its okay. I used it for my first venture after reading this site. The detailing guru's suggested I use #7 since I have a DSG, which is very hard to make pop.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Thanks

Thanks for the tips, I'll see what I can find. I have the Med Wedgewood Blue SCREW. I'll look around town and see what I can find. Thanks again.

- Craig

Old 01-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You'll like #7 on that dark blue... it really deepens the color.

Be aware, though... #7 *WILL NOT* remove any swirls, oxidation or otherwise... it's a PURE polish meaning that it's simply a 'pop' step versus a cleaning step.

RP

Old 01-28-2007, 09:39 PM
I recently found #7 and #26 at Autozone. I have never found it at Advanced or O'Reilly. The AZ I found it at said that they had stopped carrying it, but for some reason a lot of people kept coming in asking for it. Then he looked at my truck and said "Ahhh.....one of those guys. Well, tell your buddies we have it now." Evidently several F150 owners had been in there looking for it.

Old 01-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Moderator &

Pepboys sells it.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Buy it direct from Meguiar's! they have an online store and they ship quick!

Trending Topics

Old 01-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by ZAXJAX
Buy it direct from Meguiar's! they have an online store and they ship quick!
Or... for the best price, check www.autodetailingsolutions.com -- which is Meg's biggest single end-product seller (world wide, I believe).

Old 01-31-2007, 12:30 AM
- Everyone refers to Meguirs #7, what is the street name? Is the Deep Crystal polish decent by itself, with NXT over it?

i probably sound like this biggest noob, you put wax after the polish?

Old 01-31-2007, 10:20 PM
Try this site. I guarantee you'll like it.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com./how-to.html

Old 01-31-2007, 10:24 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by alex_pitts87
- Everyone refers to Meguirs #7, what is the street name? Is the Deep Crystal polish decent by itself, with NXT over it?

i probably sound like this biggest noob, you put wax after the polish?

Wax comes after the polish... that is correct.

Meguiar's #7 is commonly known as Show Car Polish. #7 is a 'pure polish' meaning that it offers no abrasive/filling qualities that will mask or remove swirls and such. In short, it's simply there for 'pop'.

www.meguiarsonline.com/forums

Lots of great reads... enjoy and feel free to ask Q's if you have them.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:42 PM
I worked a couple years in a body shop and we used

Meguiars Nbr-7 Glaze, to top off the newly repaired/painted surfaces. It has alot of oil in it so it makes the finish really glossy and deepens color. Only drawback is that it washes off next time you wash the car, or sooner if it rains, etc.. Its a glaze, not a polish or a wax, and since it makes nice finishes look better, this is why you see people at car shows using it. A nice topper but it wont last like any of the polymer sealers (which last the longest) or even a carnauba wax which also has a short life depending on where you live and what its exposed to.. Good luck with your project. If it was me, I would use Zaino. They are coming out very soon this month I think with a couple of new more user-friendly products - an All-in-one polish, and a clear sealer, that can be used over a lot of products and it improves the finish..
Check Zainobros.com after Feb 7th, I think... DanF

Old 01-31-2007, 11:00 PM
Moderator &

The 7th is the release date... so said Sal elsewhere. I've been interested in trying a few of the new products myself.

#7 doesn't really 'wash off' though. Especially if you're locking it down (so to speak) with a last step product.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:09 PM
I have seen some of the results with the new ZAIO (the all in one), and I am actually looking forward to trying it ..

Old 02-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Found a pretty good review for Zaino Z-AIO ALL-IN-ONE.

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/det...8190185-1.html

Quick Reply: Polish?