cleaning cloth seats...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 01:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cleaning cloth seats...

hello all. ive got an 03 f150 fx4 w/ cloth seats that i havent really cleaned since i bought it (2months ago) i usually use tough stuff to clean cloth seats, but was wondering if anyone had other suggestions... if it matters, my seats are of a grayish color... oh yeah, and any suggestions for cleaning the floor carpets/mats are welcome too...

Old 02-01-2007, 01:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most efficient for me was to use a vacume cleaner. That and Febreze. Pardon my spelling I took valuame (or whatever) for my teeth tomorrow. Hope this helps (vacume cleaner has that little handy wanna be vacume attatchment that works well(

Old 02-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Prevention

I typically use whatever upholstery cleaner I have handy. However, whatever you use, remember to Scotch-Guard both seats and carpet after you get them clean. Cleaning is so much easier afterward.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:02 AM
I too use the tuff stuff. I've been happy with it on my 05's seats, and those are a pain to keep clean. I have two vaccums that I will use on the truck. First I hit it with a shop vac for large debris etc... Then, I'll bring out the dyson or old dirt devil and use their "power wand" attachments to clean the seats with. I don't have carpet in mine so those attachments don't do me any good on the floor, but they work wonders in my wife's focus. I also used tuff stuff on her vehicle. Got out several stains and problem spots from her carpets and mats.

Old 02-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanx for all of your guys' suggestions... ive been using two vaccums so far, and tuff stuff, but i gotta try that scotch guard stuff next time.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:54 AM
if there is a meguires (sp) store near you they sell a chemical that is perfect for cloth seats i dont remember the name of it but they sell this by the drum because it has so much of a good effect try there website you may find it.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by dixieF150scab
I typically use whatever upholstery cleaner I have handy. However, whatever you use, remember to Scotch-Guard both seats and carpet after you get them clean. Cleaning is so much easier afterward.
x2. The Meg.'s Carpet/upholstry cleaner coming ou tsoon is really great. (I was asked to do a pre-release review of it--that's how I know). It's made by Bissel for Meg's, and has oxy action. Which means, of course, that OXI-clean woul work well. And Scotch-Guard is a lifesaver if you haven't already used it. It'll smell for a few hours after you apply it--no worries, just crack your windows and it'll be gone within the day.

Trending Topics

Old 02-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Woolite works well. Mix in a spray bottle with water and spray it on.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Turtle Wax Power Out for all interior carpet/fabric. It worked so good since I first used it, I never bothered to try anything else. I even use it on the alcantara synthetic suede seats in the Lightning.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:12 PM
I use a general upholstery cleaner and a scrub brush. Just lightly saturate the seats and cloth and rub the brush accross the whole seating area. This has worked like a charm for me. When I finish that, then I spray the truck with febreze and scotch guard. When my truck was brand new. I bought two cans of scotch guard and covered the interior so that has helped. The most important part in my opinion is the use of a hand brush to help the detergent break the stains/spots on the surface.

Quick Reply: cleaning cloth seats...