Old 02-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P21S Carnauba Car Wax

Has anybody ever tried this wax?
Is it really worth $5.00 an ounce?

I own a black truck and it states
this works excellent on black.
I'm also a little skeptical about the
easy off part being it is carnauba. What am I missing?

If you have a black, red, dark blue
or rich yellow car, consider no other
carnauba car wax!

P21S Carnauba Car Wax is a hand-poured
blend of German waxes, proprietary
ingredients and pure Brazilian Carnauba wax.
The result is a wax that goes on and
comes off with incredible ease.
There's virtually no residue and it
won't stain rubber, plastic or vinyl trim moldings.

This wax is great by itself, but it's
qualities really shine when used as a
top coat over Klasse All-In-One.
Used as a final top coat, P21S adds
the depth and liquid shimmer desired
on black, red and other dark colored cars.

Bottom line: P21S Carnauba wax
offers a better shine than waxes
priced between $70 and $150 and
it's a pleasure to apply. No fancy frills;
just solid performance.

Net wt. 6.2 oz.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:30 PM
rustyzipper,

If you're interested in trying P21S, then have a look at (or google) S100 Carnauba Paste Wax. I believe it's the exact same product, but P21S is marketed for cars where as S100 is marketed for motorcycles. S100 is half the price of P21S for the same amount and you can often find it locally at various bike shops. I’ve had first hand experience with both of these products and P21S/S100 is a very good product for the price.

If you have a dark colored vehicle, another interesting wax that's inexpensive is Natty's Blue by PoorBoys World. For the money, it's hard to beat the looks of this on certain colors, but it's definitely not the most durable of products. You can't have everything when it comes to the best durability, best wet look, best shine, best reflectivity, best depth, etc. There are always trade off's and I've never found one single product that's the best for everyone or all applications. Pinnacle Souveran wax also looks very nice on dark colors, but it’s about $80 per tin. This might seem expensive to some folks, but then you’ve got products such as Zymol Royale which sells for over $7,000 for a 50oz bottle!

There are people who really take this to the extreme and spend $11,500 to have their car detailed! Check out this detail job…
http://www.johnchow.com/worlds-most-expensive-car-wash/

Collenite is one of my favorite paste waxes when it comes to durability because you'll get an honest couple months of protection or longer from their products. Their 845 insulator wax is super easy to work with and it looks pretty good, but it's really quite durable compared to many other products on the market. Their 476 wax is about the most durable wax out there, but I like the looks from their 845 product a little better.

And then you've got sealants, which are in another category. Meguiar's #21 is a terrific sealant, but there's so many really good wax & sealant products to choose from such as from Zaino, Duragloss, Jeff's WerkStatt, Chemical Guys, Pinnacle, 3M, Optimum, Poorboy's, Gliptone, Autoglym, Menzerna, etc, etc, etc.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
P21S, like qadsan mentioned, is the same thing as S100 (I seem to recall someone getting an actual confirmation from someone on the 'inside' of the company confirming that they were the same as well -- I think I read that on autopia).

Great stuff.

Like qadsan, I concur that there are oodles of great products and, again like him, I really like 845 Insulator (I've been talking about this one for a long time as one that I really like).

Long story short, you'll love P21s but, to save some bucks, go with the S100 (same stuff!).

Old 02-03-2007, 12:50 AM
Well as you know I have a black truck. A new black truck. That said, I haven't had much time to get to know what is best for black paint. And I don't like to fall into the trap of more expensive (paint protection) means it's better. Since the TW ICE debacle, I've been using my old stand by megs #20 sealant being my truck is outside 24/7. However, I'd like to try some different products, especially since I've purchased the PC. I'm having some trouble recognizing what machine wax, polish, sealant combo's would work best with the PC as there are many, and not all necessarily best for black paint, I'm sure.

I have plenty of time before I'm ready to detail so this is just more of a getting myself knowlegable of products that have been used while kicking some ideas around in preperation.

Here is what Megs has recommended using their Rx Plus Section. Thoughts?

Recommendation For
currently completed Rx Plus sections.

(click the name of any section to view that individual recommendation.)

Wash

You have indicated that you prefer a wash product that will condition your paint and enhance gloss while you wash. We recommend any of these washes to meet your needs: NXT GenerationTM Car Wash or Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner, or Deep Crystal Car Wash. All three washes are clear coat safe and contain rich conditioners that gently wash away dirt and grime while increasing gloss and slickness. Because your vehicle is outside often in an environment that contains harsh contaminants, we recommend washing your vehicle weekly, or more frequently if needed, to keep it looking its best.

Paint Renewal

You indicated your paint is free of defects. Because your vehicle is outside often in an environment with caustic contaminants, we recommend using Smooth SurfaceTM Clay Kit whenever your paint finish feels rough to the touch after washing to remove the bonded contaminants and restore your paint to a smooth-as-glass finish. Should the time come and you need to remove light scratches or swirls, we recommend using ScratchX for selective spot use, or Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner to renew your entire paint surface.

Paint Protection

Because your expectations for your vehicle's appearance are high and the color is Dark, we recommend NXT GenerationTM Tech Wax or Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax. Meguiar’s newest wax introduction is NXT Generation Tech Wax. This new item utilizes ESP’s (Engineered Synthetic Polymers) to create the ultimate in deep gloss and extreme protection. Plus, NXT Generation Tech Wax eliminates fine scratches and swirl marks while it provides water beading action that will last and last on your car’s surface. Another option is our popular Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax, now with a new and improved formula that delivers clear, sharp reflections and natural carnauba protection. Because of your high expectations, we also recommend using a paint renewal product to clean and prepare the paint before applying wax protection to help you obtain your appearance goals for your vehicle. Once the appearance of your paint meets your expectations, apply NXT Generation Tech Wax or Gold Class Clear Coat Wax. Because your vehicle is outdoors often and is subject to high amounts of caustic contaminants from the environment that can bond to the surface, we recommend applying wax protection on a monthly basis to keep your vehicle looking its best.

Paint Maintenance

To keep your vehicle looking like it's just been detailed, we recommend using Quik Detailer daily or as needed to remove harsh environtmental contaminants before they bond to the paint surface . We also recommend using NXT GenerationTM Spray Wax as a convenient way to add gloss and wax protection.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:10 AM
Oh yes, and I thank you very much qadsan. Between you and RockPick I should have the best looking black truck around these parts--not many Fords.

Q. How do you improve the appearance of a Chevy?
A. Park it between two Fords.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rustyzipper
Oh yes, and I thank you very much qadsan. Between you and RockPick I should have the best looking black truck around these parts--not many Fords.

Q. How do you improve the appearance of a Chevy?
A. You can't

Old 02-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Ha ha..... very true NASSTY.

Chevy's apperance dosn't do much for me at all--bout like a Hummer.

Quick Reply: P21S Carnauba Car Wax