Rain-X

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rain-X

I just finished washing mine and I always use Rain-X on all three vehicles. A friend of mine can't stand it---I have used it for a long, long time. Where do you all stand on the use of this? How many use it? How many do not like it?

Tim C.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:55 PM
I use it on all of our vehicles and plan on using it on the new truck when we get it. I also use the rain-x wiper fluid with no problems.

My buddy uses Meguiars Scratch-X swirl remover on his windows and it has the same affect as the rain-x.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:16 PM
I luv it--the vis is MUCH greater in nasty conditions. Mud doesn't dirty the windows, or anything else for that matter with fresh rainX. Just treat one side only for a demo, if you don't believe that it helps.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use the Rain-X washer fluid with bug remover. Great stuff.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:38 PM
I always use it. It think it makes it easier to remove bugs and stuff and not having to use the windshield wipers as much is great.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I also like it. I put it on with a scouring pad before I wash the truck. That way I don't need to do all the buffing. I always had streaks before I started doing it this way.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:06 PM
I like it---I even put it on the headlights (especially in the winter) so the crap slides right off. For some reason, a friend of mine doesn't like how the water beads up...(I told him that that was its intended job...)

Tim C.

Trending Topics

Old 03-11-2007, 09:19 PM
I too use the Rain-X washer solvent/fluid. It keeps the windshield always refreshed with new. Since I started using the washer solvent, I've seen no need for the direct application product--works just the same.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:31 PM
I, too, use the washer fluid and interior anti fog wipes. Both are a great asset to visibility in imperfect weather conditions. I strongly reccommend them. And don't believe anybody who says that theu'll damage anything--it won't.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:13 PM
i have to laugh at interior 'anti-fog' products. all they do is make the windows bead up the moisture. The best way to prevent interior window fog is to have your hvac in working condition and just clean your windows, nothing special is needed everytime, just wipe off the dust/grime.

as for rain-x ya it works ,as long as you put it on correctly.

Teflon windsheild washer is a joke too. same with teflon wipers. such crap, they just streak.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Rain-X is one of those rare products that comes in a bottle that does exactly what it says it does. Great stuff, wouldn't be without it. Those that can't stand it usually haven't taken the time to apply it correctly. Careful around your paint tho, learned many years ago it destroys paint on contact, fortunately it was on an old truck. As for wipers, Bosch only please.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I use Rain-X on all of my vehicles.

There's nothing cooler than heading down the highway in the rain and having the water just bead-up and fly off the windshield -- I rarely even use my wipers! Even if it doesn't rain, it makes it infinitely easier to clean bugs and such off of your windshield at wash time! My wife (who is a complete automotive idiot) even noticed it when I first started putting it on her car. She said, "Whatever you're doing to my windshield, keep doing it!"

I even put it on Blue, even though I would never even think of driving him in the rain!

I've always said that if every product was like Rain-X (cheap, easy to use, does what it says) the world would be a better place!

Last edited by ddellwo; 03-13-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the stuff on my windows and run their washer fluid too. I used to apply it to my headlight and fog light lenses too, but RockPick shared some info a while back showing that it actually degrades the plastic surface, so no more of that for me.

Here's another use. I used to run the stuff on the plastic face shield for my helmet when I raced offshore powerboats. It really made a difference when you got hosed down by some idiot's rooster tail. I didn't worry about degrading the plastic there since the shields were cheap.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:41 PM
I guess I will stop using it on my headlights, then.

Tim C.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by referee54
I guess I will stop using it on my headlights, then.

Tim C.

That's up to you... it will, however, definitely cause some hazing and discoloration over time due to the nature of the chemical (high volatile organic content) RAIN-X WIPES MSDS.

As you can see, a lot of alcohol is in there.. you wouldn't wipe down all of your plastic with straight rubbing alcohol -- why do it with a product that really isn't made for plastic?

Quick Reply: Rain-X