Fricking Dog

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fricking Dog

My neighbors dog jumped and pawed my passenger side door, left a bunch of scratches. The scratches are not deep, mostly surface type. Any advice on what to do to get them out appreciated. By the way, truck has 2400 miles, I want to throw up.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:42 PM
M80 w/ a pc. if no pc, than Scratch X and following up with a polish and wax should cover em up. +SigP226 for the dog. JK!

Old 03-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by F-150 AZ
M80 w/ a pc. if no pc, than Scratch X and following up with a polish and wax should cover em up. +SigP226 for the dog. JK!
what does pc mean?

Old 03-18-2007, 02:59 PM
he means a porter cable buffer/polisher. Tis everyone's "holy grail" of dual action buffer/polishers.

I would go the scratch x route, myself. Get ready to apply some pressure though. Its good stuff, but you gotta rub the heck out of it. See the post "The Scratch-X Worked" to get an idea, by clicking here https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=277192

good luck dude

Old 03-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by themetermcse
he means a porter cable buffer/polisher. Tis everyone's "holy grail" of dual action buffer/polishers.

I would go the scratch x route, myself. Get ready to apply some pressure though. Its good stuff, but you gotta rub the heck out of it. See the post "The Scratch-X Worked" to get an idea, by clicking here https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=277192

good luck dude
Thanks, I'll go to Meijers and give it a try. I have a Orbitor polisher, not the Cadillac like the PC, but hey it works

Old 03-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Careful with the cheaper orbitals and Scratch-X... you *can* further damage your paint with the orbital used in an incorrect fashion with the Scratch X. Further, don't expect miracles -- that is, if the scratches are severe enought, they'll never come out.

I'd approach your neighbor about the problem and see if the home owners insurance might cover something like this... I know you want to be a good neighbor but, with a BRAND NEW truck like that -- well, I'd want to cross every bridge I could prior to dealing with it myself.

In short, maybe the neighbor would be willing to foot the bill for a full detail -- that is, let someone who is experienced in scratch removal with a rotary buffer give it a go...

Old 03-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Moderator &

Also... sight unseen, it's tough for anyone here to make a call on what chemical to try out to remove the scratches... I mean, we can all take a stab in the dark but, without seeing them, it's tough...

Old 03-20-2007, 03:06 PM
i had the same thing happen to me when my screw was a week old. baby sitters black lab scratched the drivers side back door all up when i stopped in her driveway to pick up my kids. Tried to kick the stupid dog but he took off before i could catch/reach him. i took my truck to a paint and body shop. the guy came out with a small brush and some clear coat. filled in the the deeper scratches with the clear coat. after a week i took it back to him and he buffed it all out, can't even tell. cost me $60 thou but well worth it.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Careful with the cheaper orbitals and Scratch-X... you *can* further damage your paint with the orbital used in an incorrect fashion with the Scratch X. Further, don't expect miracles -- that is, if the scratches are severe enought, they'll never come out.

I'd approach your neighbor about the problem and see if the home owners insurance might cover something like this... I know you want to be a good neighbor but, with a BRAND NEW truck like that -- well, I'd want to cross every bridge I could prior to dealing with it myself.

In short, maybe the neighbor would be willing to foot the bill for a full detail -- that is, let someone who is experienced in scratch removal with a rotary buffer give it a go...
I agree 100%.

If the neighbor is an *******, might want to accidentally leave a pan full of antifreeze sitting out for a night or two...

Old 03-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyAnderson
I agree 100%.

If the neighbor is an *******, might want to accidentally leave a pan full of antifreeze sitting out for a night or two...

Just make sure a PETA activist is around.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Moderator &

I certainly don't advocate 'killing' the pooch... just check with the owner. Geesh guys...

Old 03-24-2007, 11:53 PM
"M80 w/ a pc."

i would say purchase an M80 for the dog as well or perhaps an M16

Quick Reply: Fricking Dog