Expert advice needed....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expert advice needed....

After a recent car wash I was inspecting my truck. I noticed three marks right above my pasenger tail lamp. They aren't deep scratches but more like smudges that won't rub out. I guess you could call it a blemish? I tried to get some pics but I couldn't find a good angle. They best way to describe it would be clouding. I've tried windex, 91% alcohol, elbow grease and a wax/cleaner. They are still there, they look better but I still notice them. Any advice will be appreciated. truck is an 07 DSG
thanks

Shane

Old 04-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Unfortunately, smudges are pretty much a PITA to remove. You will probably end up having to use a pretty aggressive cut abrasive (ie: #83) to remove it, which means you'll need to follow up with a lesser abrasive, then polish, wax, etc.

I'd try Scratch-X first, then try the above. Remember (as discussed in a nearby thread), you should always use the least abrasive method possible.

Good luck. (RP--you'll probably have a better solution--I've only dealt with this on a beater that had paint transfer--to which I used the red TW stuff--not what I'd reccommend for an F-150...)

Old 04-04-2007, 06:47 PM
I had a ding on my door from some jacka$$ hitting it with their car door that scuffed it and left some paint transfer. I used Scratch-X on it and it got rid of it. It did take two or three applications and some elbow grease to do it, but other than the small dent you can't tell it ever happened.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Bump

Old 04-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Hard to tell for sure without seeing it ..

Can you feel it with your hand ? Does your fingernail catch in anything?

If not .. I would suggest trying some Meguiar's ScratchX .. see if that will take it out for you .. ?

if possible, snap a good pic of it and post it up.. we will have a better idea on how to guide you if we can see it

Quick Reply: Expert advice needed....