Window Care.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Window Care.

Hi, all. What is the best approach to remove scratches out of windows? Is it possible? All of my glass seems to have some scratches on it, with the exception of the windshield, but my driver and passenger windows are the worst. It has, what looks like long scratches going straight down the window on the outside, perhaps from some kind of scraper used in the past? What, if anything, can I do about this?

Old 04-15-2007, 01:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picked this up off of Auto Geek.

Best way to get glass to look new is a cerium oxide polish for glass..it will give glass the new car look....use with a PC and a 4inch pad...glass turns into a diamond..removes scratches, smooths out pits, so less noticeable... use a 4" green or orange pad to polish glass...google cerium glass polish ...look at them all on the first and second page...prices vary...mine was $29.00.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Does the cerium oxide truly get rid of the imperfections, though, or does it merely serve as a concealer, and need to be applied again?

Old 04-16-2007, 02:42 AM
>>>Does the cerium oxide truly get rid of the imperfections, though, or does it merely serve as a concealer, and need to be applied again?<<<
I can't say. I've never used it myself. Just putting you on to a lead. It does state it removes scratches as you would be polishing with a PC-pad. Again, the info came from the Auto Geek web-site forums.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Rockpick, would you happen to know if the cerium oxide is a permanent solution, or do you have any other suggestions?

Old 04-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't. I appologize.

You may do some searching online (try a google) for Diamondite as well.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by minimonster17
Hi, all. What is the best approach to remove scratches out of windows? Is it possible? All of my glass seems to have some scratches on it, with the exception of the windshield, but my driver and passenger windows are the worst. It has, what looks like long scratches going straight down the window on the outside, perhaps from some kind of scraper used in the past? What, if anything, can I do about this?
is this scratches or just really bad scuffs, several detail shops told me that on older cars you could use toothpaste to clean a window and it would do so good that it looked like brand new glass, however what they also said is do-not use the toothpaste trick on tempered glass because its mainly plastic and the toothpaste will just screw it up, but i do know mequires has something for glass that guarentees to get out small scratches and scuffs, you might want to look it up

Quick Reply: Window Care.